Incredible Light Fluffy Cake
"Pat a cake , pat a cake baker's man.
Bake me a cake as fast as you can
Roll it, pat it and mark it with a B
And put it the oven for baby and me."
This cake gets me humming songs every time I make it and eat it. It's easy and quick to make and bake. Very light, fluffy yet very tasty. It just melts in your mouth.
1 cup (190 g) of sugar
1 ½ cup (150 g) of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon (3.75 g) Baking powder
2 envelopes (85 g) of dessert topping mix
1 cup (250 ml) cold milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of instant coffee
1 cup of lukewarm water
2 tablespoon (24 g) of sugar
½ cup (85 g) of whole almonds (could be any kind of desired nuts)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for about 15 minutes until batter is very fluffy. Stop the mixer.
3. Add to the batter one spoon of flour, stir it with a wooden spoon in one direction until melted. Repeat process for the rest of the flour. So you stir each spoon of flour at a time. (Do not add all flour together).
4. Cover a 9 inch round cake pan with melted butter then sprinkle some flour on top and shake the pan so that the flour is spread evenly all around.
5. Pour batter into the cake pan.
6. Bake for 10 minutes only, or if a wooden pick inserted in center should come out with just a few moist crumbs on it.
7. Leave cake to cool completely.
1. Prepare dessert topping mix: in electric mixer blend in 1 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and two mix envelopes. Whip at high speed until light and fluffy. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Melt instant coffee in lukewarm water.
3. In a frying pan, fry almonds and sugar at very low temperature, until sugar is melted. Leave it to cool. Put in a small bag (sandwich bag) and smash it gently with a pestle.
1. With a long serrated knife cut the cake horizontally into two even layers.
2. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Very gently perforate the layer with a fork. With a tablespoon pour some coffee. Spread one fifth of the dessert topping mix on the layer.
3. Add the second cake layer. Again very gently perforate the layer with a fork. Pour coffee. Spread the rest of the dessert topping mix on top and sides of cake. Cover all cake.
4. Strew mashed almonds onto top and/or sides of cake.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Voila. Enjoy ;)
More by this Author
The recipe I am presenting here is from the Mediterranean cuisine. I found it very easy and fast to prepare. It’s the perfect recipe for those crazy busy days. In a way it's similar to the popular recipe...
This recipe is perfect if you are in a hurry, need dessert but do not want to spend a lot of time in kitchen, craving chocolate yet lazy, or whenever surprised with a last minute guests. It only takes 15 minutes to...
What would be more delicious and mouth watering than a chocolate cake? The answer would be a chocolate cake with crème caramel. One of the masterminds of dessert recipes came up with a way to mix them both...
No comments yet.