Indian Mango Dessert Recipes For The World!
Some Mango Facts
The mango is known as the 'king of fruit' throughout the world. The name 'mango' is derived from the Tamil word 'mangkay' or 'man-gai'. When the Portuguese traders settled in Western India they adopted the name as 'manga'.
Mangos originated in East India, Burma and the Andaman Islands bordering the Bay of Bengal. Around the 5th century B.C., Buddhist monks are believed to have introduced the mango to Malaysia and eastern Asia - legend has it that Buddha found tranquility and repose in a mango grove. Persian traders took the mango into the middle east and Africa, from there the Portuguese brought it to Brazil and the West Indies. Mango cultivars arrived in Florida in the 1830's and in California in the 1880's.
There are over 20 million metric tons of mangos grown throughout the tropical and sub-tropical world. The leading mango producer is India, with very little export as most are consumed within the country. Mexico and China compete for second place, followed by Pakistan and Indonesia. Thailand, Nigeria, Brazil, Philippines and Haiti follow in order.
Mango - the king of fruits
Harvested in April and May, this "king of mangoes" has orange-yellow skin, smooth, fibreless flesh, and a distinctive, powerful aroma and flavor, with notes of almond, coconut, vanilla and citrus.
Finally the first legal shipment of Indian mangoes to the United States too, landed at New York's Kennedy International Airport on 27 April. I think its the right time to introduce some great mouth watering Indian mango recipes to the world!
Below you can find some delicious mango recipes. Enjoy!
Mango Pie Recipe Video
Mango rice Recipe Video
Mango Rabdi Recipe
- Milk 1 liter
- Sugar 4 to 6 tablespoon
- Medium size mango 2 nos
- Mango puree 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder ½ teaspoon
How to prepare
- Pour the milk into a pan and boil on medium flame till the quantity becomes half
- Add sugar and stir for some time
- Now allow the milk to cool
- Add the mango puree and blend the mixture to obtain a smooth flowing consistency
- Cut the mangoes to small pieces
- Add it to the mixture
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder
Fresh Mango Pickle Recipe Video
Panna - Mango Drink Recipe Video
Mango Ice Cream Recipe Video
Chennai Mango Delight Recipe
- Fresh Paneer 500 grams
- Powdered Sugar 6 to 7 tablespoon
- Fresh Mango puree 5 tablespoon
- Finely cut mango pieces 2 cups
- Yellow coloring powder few drops
How to prepare:
- Mix the paneer with sugar and knead well
- Add a few drops of yellow coloring and mango puree
- Beat well using your hands till the mixture is light and fluffy
- Take a flat plate and spread half the mixture evenly
- Sprinkle the mango pieces over it
- Now spread the balance paneer mixture over it
- Chill it
- Cut into any shape and size and serve.
Mango Shrikand Recipe
- Thick Curd 10 t0 12 cups
- Powdered Sugar 8 tablespoon
- Mango puree 2 cups
- Cardamom Powder 1 teaspoon
How to prepare
- Tie the curd in a clean muslin cloth and leave it for 2/3 hours till all
- the excess water drains.
- Remove the solid curd from the cloth
- Add sugar and mango puree and thoroughly blend in a mixer
- Add cardamom powder and again mix well
- Chill for 2/3 hours
- Serve with parathas or chappathis
More by this Author
Johnny Depp is one of those famous celebrities who are true tattoo aficionados. This Hollywood star is much loved around the world for his role in the 'Pirates of the Carribean' movies. Find All the tattoos of Johnny...
Julian Beever is an English chalk artist who has been creating chalk drawings on pavement since the mid-1990s that create the illusion of three dimensions when viewed from the right location. These trompe-l'oeil...
In Ayurvedic philosophy, the five elements namely air, earth, ether, fire and water combine in pairs to form three dynamic forces or interactions called 'doshas'. Dosha literally means "that which changes."...