Interesting New Takeout Pizza Combinations
I remember the days that pizza toppings didn't get much more creative than sausage, pepperoni, and few random vegetables. A few weeks ago, my husband and I went to a local pizza parlor, and there was a broccoli pizza on the restaurant's lunch buffet. I've seen many interesting pizza toppings, and I really like broccoli, but I have to admit I was surprised to see it sitting atop a pizza in a restaurant.
After seeing the broccoli pizza, I decided to do some investigative research of my own. I checked out specialty pizzas offered standard on menus of several pizzerias, in search of the most original combinations. My sources tell me that some of the more interesting new takeout pizza combinations from a few of the major pizza chain restaurants in the U.S. include the following:
- Buffalo Chicken: spicy chicken and buffalo sauce
- Mac & Cheese: you guessed it ... macaroni and cheese on a pizza crust!
- Zesty Ham and Cheddar: pizza sauce, ham, and cheddar cheese
- Bacon Cheeseburger: ground beef, bacon, onions, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and sliced pickles
- Super Taco Pizza: Taco sauce, beef, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, black olives, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, and sour cream
- Hula Hawaiian Pizza: strips of ham and pineapple
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza: chicken strips, red onions, cilantro, mesquite barbecue sauce, topped with smoked provolone and other cheeses
- Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pizza: ground beef, big pieces of bacon, smoked provolone, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and onions
- Barbecue Chicken and Bacon Pizza: chicken breast, sweet barbecue sauce, onion, and hickory smoked bacon
- Grilled Chicken Club: chicken (white meat), onions, sliced roma tomatoes, and hickory smoked bacon
- Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken: chicken (white meat), barbecue sauce onions, pineapple, and hickory smoked bacon
- Spinach Alfredo Deluxe: Alfredo sauce, spinach, bacon, onions, and mushrooms
A Crust Worth Mentioning:
Pizza Hut doesn't have any particularly unusual standard topping combinations listed on the menu. However, this chain has a really unique crust option. The Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust has hot, melty cheese baked right into the edge of the crust. Yummy!
Want to Make Your Own?
If you're interested in making your own unique pizzas, check out the following hubs:
What's Your Favorite?
By no means is this investigative blog report a scientific study. I'm sure there are a lot of major pizza restaurants offering even more interesting and unusual combinations. If you'd like to share your favorite pizza concoction, post it in the comments section below!
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...
No comments yet.