International Delight Creamers & Iced Coffee
Calling All Coffee Lovers: The International Delight Brand
The International Delight (I.D.) brand surfaced in the 1980’s as the first liquid flavored, non-dairy creamer.
It is produced by the WhiteWave Foods Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dean Foods, headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado. Originally, it was only available in three different flavor “creamer singles.” It has since vastly expanded as you will see.
International Delight creamers are now available in:
- 32 oz. quarts
- 16 oz. pints
Plus, the popular flavor, French Vanilla, is also available is 64 oz. half gallon size.
International Delight Creamer Flavors
White Chocolate Mocha
Belgian White Chocolate Macadamia
Vanilla Caramel Crème
Skinny Caramel Macchiato
Skinny White Chocolate Mocha
Southern Butter Pecan
Salted Caramel Mocha
Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Hershey's® Chocolate Caramel
White Chocolate Raspberry
YORK™ Peppermint Pattie
What is the Shelf Life and Storage Recommendations of International Delight Creamers?
I.D. creamers should be used within two weeks of opening and before the recommended “use by” date. The shelf life from the date it was manufactured can be up to 120 days if unopened.
It is necessary to refrigerate all I.D. creamers except unopened singles since they are contained in stay-fresh packaging.
Additional Facts about International Delight Creamers
- I.D. creamers can be used in dessert and beverage recipes (see below).
- I.D. creamers contain sodium caseinate which is a milk derivative but they do not contain lactose. They are considered “non dairy” because the FDA classifies the sodium caseinate as a non-dairy ingredient.
- I.D. creamers do not contain gluten.
- I.D. has a “taste guarantee.” They will give you your money back if you are not completely satisfied with the taste. 800-441-3321
Delicious I.D. Iced Coffee
New International Delight Iced Coffee
It was determined that fans of iced coffee were looking for a chilled, ready-to-drink beverage that was much less expensive than coffeehouse prices.
I.D. Iced Coffee was introduced in January 2012, available in 64 oz. half-gallon cartons. It offers the convenience of quality iced coffee at home; simply pour over ice if desired.
The I.D. Iced Coffee authentic flavors include:
- Mocha (the author’s favorite)
The smooth, rich flavor of I.D. Iced Coffee is made with 100% premium Arabica coffee beans.
If you are looking for a caffeine boost, I.D. Iced Coffee contains 76 mg of caffeine per 8 ounces. Other leading iced espresso drinks contain about 50 mg of caffeine for the same serving size.
* * * * * * *
UPDATE January 28, 2013: International Delight has now come out with a "light" version of their iced coffee. I love the Light Mocha even more than the original.
Additional Facts about International Delight Iced Coffee
- I.D. Iced Coffee can be used in dessert and beverage recipes (see below).
- I.D. Iced Coffee does contain dairy; skim milk, cream and sweet whey.
- I.D. Iced Coffee does not contain soy.
- I.D. Iced Coffee does not contain wheat, wheat gluten, barley, oat, rye or malt ingredients although they do not conduct tests allowing them to label the product “gluten-free” at this time.
- The date stamped on the carton tells you how long I.D. Iced Coffee will stay fresh in your refrigerator.
The Many Uses of International Delight Creamer or Iced Coffee
International Delight Creamers and Iced Coffee can be incorporated into many desserts and beverages.
My favorite I.D. product is the Mocha Iced Coffee. I like it plain, over ice and also mixed 50/50 with milk. I've also blended my Mocha Iced Coffee with ice, a banana and a little bit of vanilla ice cream. Yum.
Here are a couple recipes that I have tried that I'd like to share with you.
I hope you have enjoyed learning about the International Delight brand. Be creative and mix yourself some new beverages and even desserts with your favorite I.D. flavors.
Anyone that I have ever talked with in person, spoke to online or anything that I have ever read related to International Delight Creamers or Iced Coffee has always been positive. Enjoy!
This is Sharyn's Slant
More by this Author
I love duplicating recipes that my mom or grandma made while I was growing up. Here is one you won't want to miss: Ham and Bean Soup with Dumplings.
Punch is a party favorite. It is versatile and enjoyed by all age groups. Why not create your own recipe with these basic tips. It's so simple and you can CALL IT YOUR OWN.
Being aware of the stages one goes through at the end of life will give loved ones an opportunity to be less fearful of the unknown and instead, be present in the moment with much compassion, and even gratitude for...