Make a Cow Milk Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Cow Milk Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is Fast and it Tastes Great!
Have you seen those neat recipes for ice cream sandwich cakes that are floating around? Have you wanted to make one, but you are stuck with a cow's milk allergy?
My guess is that all of those recipes are tasty. As a matter of fact, in case you are not familiar with them I have posted a few at the end of this hub to make it easy for you to check out this amazing culinary concept.
However, ice cream can be one of the worst offenders out there for those who cannot consume cow's milk products. It's true that for some the reaction is worse than for others, but the symptoms can come fast and hard, and they can vary from unpleasant to dangerous.
This food allergy requires saying no to many recipes, but there's no need to despair! With great options like my ice cream cake recipe you can provide yourself and your family with fun and delicious party desserts.
Why Make Cow Milk Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cake?
For someone who does not know what their problem is, they may think they are dying of some sudden disease if there is a quick reaction to a product with cow's milk in it. The consequences are far more than just puzzling, they can be debilitating.
That said, you can see why a person who knows what the problem is would treat cow’s milk as if it is poison. Anything with the substance in it is a bête noire and avoided like the proverbial plague. It must be continually guarded against because it is everywhere.
You can also understand why a person with this allergy is a happy camper when they are offered a dessert that is very similar to those luscious ice cream styled treats everyone else can eat.
• SO Delicious Minis have allowed me to create one happy dessert that almost anyone can enjoy, but there is a word of caution for those who follow a GF diet:
We avoid large amounts of gluten because modern food processing adds way too much of it to products, and I have come to believe that the extra gluten is at the root of some health problems that are becoming more common.
While this ice cream cake recipe is cow's milk free and healthier than most other ice cream cake recipes, just for your information, it is not a GF recipe. For those who can eat some gluten, this dessert is a special treat.
Okay, I’m guessing that by now you just want to see my recipe for faux ice cream cake so here it is:
The Cow Milk Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
- 1 Box So Delieicous Minis, Tofutti Cuties, or any brand of the other cow-milk-free ice cream sandwich, note: companies are coming out with new products which may arrive in your area soon!
- 1 Package (can or carton) Rice Whip from Whole Foods or House Whip from Trader Joe’s, or you can make your own with one of the recipes for non-dairy whipped cream, *see link below.
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 Package Ah!Laska or other brand of milk-free Chocolate Syrup, or make your own--again, very easy, *recipe linked below.
- 1 Cup Strawberries, freshly sliced
- 1-2 Tablespoons Candy Sprinkles, optional
*Links Mentioned in Ingredients List
Fast and Easy Instructions
- Chill an 8x8" glass dish for 10 minutes.
- Line the bottom of the dish with chocolate sandwiches.
- Add whipped topping to the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over the whipped topping.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup in a happy pattern over the walnuts.
- Add candy sprinkles, if desired.
- Cover and place in freezer if not serving immediately.
- To serve with drama, drizzle chocolate syrup on desert plates and place 2-3" squares of the ice cream cake in the center. Toss a few strawberry slices on top and drizzle chocolate syrup over all.
- Cover and store leftovers in the freezer.
Enjoy the oohs, aahs, and laughter, then begin planning your next faux ice cream cake using cow milk free ice cream sandwiches and your own topping variations. I’m seeing one loaded with blueberries and pecans in my future...
Did you know you could make a lactose free ice cream sandwich cake?See results without voting
More Cow's Milk Free Recipes:
- Recipe for Scrabble Dip (and Fun)
▦ A non-dairy apple dip formulated while playing Scrabble turned out to be a great snack. Almond butter, Ghiradelli, and agave are ingredients that play very well together!
- Love Living Gluten Free With This Brownie Recipe
We can love living gluten free if we need to, but we can also love it if we simply want to be careful about eating concentrated amounts. Learning to live gluten free can be a fun adventure in the world of food. My gluten free brownie recipe is living
- Sun Crystals: Cane Sugar and Stevia
Sun Crystals mix sugar and stevia to make product that works well for baking, allowing baked goods to brown properly.
- Coconut Water Apple Cider Fizz: A Drink for Appetizers
Coconut water and sparkling apple cider combine to make a special drink that everyone can enjoy. Don't miss the polenta appetizer!
- Loving Mashed Potatoes: A Dairy-Free Recipe
Ive not found that the typical cow milk substitutes are able to do the job of replicating Moms mashed potatoes.
A Different Method to Get You Thinking Outside The Box :)
Ice Cream Lover's Recipes
More by this Author
An unusual cake inspired by a regional chef's pie, this similar dessert is free of gluten and cow's milk. Basil is amazing with the already loved flavors of blueberry and goat cheese!
This cow milk free Pumpkin Crunch makes a healthy dessert with its high-quality ingredients, but it's so good, no one cares that you've altered the original recipe!
Want to know about some concrete driveway solutions for new construction, a remodel, or repair that provide green space options? These ideas range from why-didn't-I-think-of-that to new products.