Jack’s World Famous Chocolate Chip Banana Split Cookie Recipe
This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe will win you raves as everyone gathers over the home. It bakes up perfect every time. This started basically the same as the Original Nestle's® Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie but I modified it almost 30 years ago with my additions. For lack of a better name I ususally call it my Chocolate Chip Banana Split Cookie
- 2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt (okay to omit if using salted butter)
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- ¾ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, fresh
- 1 12-ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c chopped cherries
- 1 c walnuts
- Heat oven to 350-375 degrees, depending on how hot your oven runs.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat butter until soft. Mash the bananas well, then blend into the butter with the sour cream. Then add sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat just until blended.
- Add cherries and walnuts and fold in.
- Gradually add flour mixture and blend well.
- Stir in chips and drop dough onto cool, ungreased cookie sheets, using a Tablespoon or large dinner spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned, do not over bake.
- Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
You'll find that these are very soft cookies so unless they are to be eaten that day it is recommended that they be stored in a refrigerator.
You're invited to stick around for a while and read some of my other hubs on some very special recipes that you just may find unique.
More by this Author
Here are 35 recipes that are guaranteed to give your grilling a new taste or your money back. If you like what you see I invite you to browse my many other hubs where I am sure you'll find something of interest,...
The grilling season is upon us and it's so easy to get stuck in a grilling rut. If you'd like to perk up your backyard barbecuing with some exotic, but wonderful tasting, sauces, marinades, and glazes then read on....
"Assault rifles" are being demonized by many politicians, media-types, and other anti-gun folk who actually have no idea what it is they are demonizing. Most people who hear the truth are quite surprised to...