Jell-o Balls - A Beautiful Christmas Treat
One of my favorite projects as a child each Christmas was making Jell-o balls. This is a simple easy holiday recipe that even the youngest child can help with, and makes a tasty treat that also looks wonderful on the table at Christmas. The recipe can be changed and made with different flavors of Jell-o if desired. For our family this was something we only served at Christmas, which made it special. It's so fun to find fun Christmas projects that are tasty too.
I hope you enjoy this quick and simple recipe, and maybe you and your family will make memories with it too.
- 7 ounce bag Shredded Coconut
- 1 small box Red Jell-o, (I prefer cherry)
- 1 small box Lime Jell-o
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Granulated Sugar
- Divide the sweetened condensed milk and the coconut into two equal portions.
- Add one box of jell-o to half the milk and half the coconut.
- Stir well and form into small balls, around 1 teaspoon worth.
- Do the same with the other box of Jell-o.
- Now, roll the balls in granulated sugar, refrigerate for at least an hour and serve!
- These can be made with sugar-free jell-o to reduce the sugar content, but the sweetened condensed milk is still going to make this a rather rich treat
As someone who is on a low-carb diet, I have been looking for some low-carb holiday treats to make this year. I came back to this recipe and decided to see if it could be tweaked. Browsing the Splenda website, I found a sugar free alternative to sweetened condensed milk. This recipe is credited to Splenda:
1 (12 oz) can evaporated skim milk
1 1/2 c nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 c Splenda
Simply mix the ingredients well until all the powder is dissolved.
Now, you can make low-carb jello balls using this substitution and sugar free jello. Simply use granulated splenda instead of sugar on the outside of the balls.
What is Your Favorite Flavor of Jell-o?See results without voting
More by this Author
If you love Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha, learn how to make them at home. This can save money and is very tasty too!
A good hush puppy is a great accompaniment to fried fish or chicken and is a hard to beat treat. This simple recipe allows you to recreate a southern classic at home.
Phase 10 is a fun, rummy-style game with a lot of strategy. Learn more about the background, strategy and even how you can play it online.
No comments yet.