Jello No Bake Review Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Fabulous Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert!
Jello No Bake Peanut Butter Mix
Need a company dessert? Try using Jello No Bake Peanut Butter Mix and turning it into a pie for something your company will think you made from scratch.
Rich, creamy peanut butter filling provides an excellent contrast to the crunchy chocolate crumb crust and dark chocolate topping swirls. Definitely a dessert grown up enough for adults but fun for kids too. Perfect for my family of 5.
Chocolate or Peanut Butter or Both?
Which do you like better?See results without voting
Jello No Bake Peanut ButterClick thumbnail to view full-size
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert
- 1 package Jello No Bake Peanut Butter Cup
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 3 TB Margarine or Butter, (box says 4 TB but that was too much)
Instructions for Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Heat up a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes. Take the water out and put the topping pouch in it and leave it a few minutes until it gets soft.
- Melt 3 TB of margarine or butter in microwave for 20 second. Pour crust mix in pie pan and add melted butter. Mix together with fork and then press into pie pan using back of the fork. Press crumb mixture into the sides first, then do the bottom. (I used 4 TB my first time and it was too soggy, so I added some extra graham cracker crumbs I had on hand. 3 Tb works better).
- Put peanut butter mix in bowl and add 1 1/3 cup milk. Mix with mixer for 3 minutes. Pour on top of crust and smooth out.
- Take out the topping pouch. Instead of mixing it together like it says in the instructions, open up the top and let the clear liquid pour out. That will make the rest of the chocolate less liquid and make it easier to pour out in a swirl pattern (just press it on and go back and forth) over the top.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve. The box says to refrigerate an hour but my family wouldn't wait that long! You can also freeze this for a frozen chocolate peanut butter pie.
Jello No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
|Serving size: 1/8 pie|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 39 g||13%|
|Sugar 27 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Sodium 330 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Peanut Butter Pie Variations
Here are some other ideas for making your peanut butter pie even more delicious:
- Add some crushed peanuts to the top of the pie, or add them into the mix.
- Crush up 6 Oreo cookies and add them to the peanut butter filling. Decorate top with large or mini Oreo cookies.
- Use Reese's Peanut Butter cups to decorate the top of the pie. Or to make it especially rich, chop up about 3-4 large peanut butter cups and fold into the peanut butter filling before putting it in the pie pan.
- After putting the filling in the pan, top it with 1-2 cups of cool whip topping. Then add the chocolate sauce.
- Put a scattering of mini chocolate chips on top, or use chocolate or caramel Kisses.
- Add caramel sauce along with the chocolate sauce on the top of the pie.
Jello No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Dessert
Quick No-Bake Dessert
I'm always looking for quick desserts that I can have on hand in my cupboard, so I picked this mix up to try. It cheaper than my home made version, much faster to make, and tastes just as good.
This mix is going to be a permanent addition to my cupboard for fixing something in a time crunch. Following the directions on the box, you can make this mix as a pan cookie dessert or as individual servings in cupcake cups (mini or regular sized), but I wanted a fancier dessert, so I made it into a pie. My directions are below along with links for buying this mix on Amazon in case your grocery store doesn't carry it. Enjoy a piece of this pie the next time you have chocolate and peanut butter cravings!
More by this Author
Review of Krusteaz Cookie Mixes, tips on different ways to use them, and my recipe double chocolate chunk cookies.
Consumer review of Pillsbury Mix and serving ideas. Includes homemade sugar-free brownie recipe and information about sweeteners.
Want to write a great argument paper, fast? Try one of these easy topics. You'll also find links to research ideas, writing tips, and sample essays.