Jello Poke Cake
What did you think?
A few years ago my mother made this cake for a cook out and i about fell over my self trying to get seconds before it was gone. My family raved about it so much that it is almost a do or die dish to pass for all future events. Also this cake is perfect for any occasion as you can choose any flavor jello you would like. I have it every year for my birthday and make if for almost every occasion that requires a dish to pass or a cake, I never have left overs to take home. :(
INGREDIENTS - CAKE
- 1 WHITE CAKE MIX, I USE BETTY CROCKER
- 4 EGG WHITES, MAKES FOR A MOISTER CAKE
- 1 1/4 CUPS WATER
- 1/3 CUP OIL
- 4 OZ PKG JELLO, (ITS HARD TO FIND A 4OZ NOW FOR ANY SIZE WILL DO)
- 1 1/2 CUPS WATER, 1 CUP BOILING 1/2 COLD
- BAKE CAKE FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON BACK OF BOX, I FIND THAT A 13X9 CAKE PAN IS THE BEST. ANOTHER LITTLE HINT: PUT A PAN OF WATER ON A RACK BELOW THE CAKE TO HELP KEEP MOISTURE IN THE AIR WHEN BAKING.
- LET CAKE COOL FOR 15 MINUTES IN THE PAN. TAKE A FORK AND POKE HOLES INTO THE CAKE. THESE HOLES WILL LET THE JELLO INTO THE CAKE CREATING A MARBLE EFFECT.
- SIRT BOILING 1CUP OF BOILING WATER INTO JELLO MIX, WHEN DISSOLVED ADD 1/2 CUP OF COLD WATER. POUR OVER THE CAKE, PLACE IN THE REFRIGERATOR FOR 3 HOURS THEN TOP WITH COOL WHIP FROSTING (RECIPE LINK PROVIDED AT END.)
- LINK TO FROSTING RECIPE http://hazeleyedbeauty.hubpages.com/hub/JELLO-POKE-CAKE-FROSTING
More by this Author
Have you ever wondered how life is different for the child of a family in poverty? What qualifications does a family meet in order to be put into the poverty category? What affects does this have on the child? How many...
This Little Golden Book was actually one of the original twelve and was written in 1942. It has sold over 15 million copies and is one of the most popular children’s books out there.“The Poky Little...
No comments yet.