Juicy Homemade Burgers
Yes, It's eating time again, and I have to write this hub quickly, as I make this meal, as I have to go to work. So lets start.
These are my juicy burgers I make, usually when I've had a good hard training session, as I've had today, so a good dose of protein and vegetables is required for a roaring hungry lad. I have prepared the burger mix yesterday, letting all the flavours settle and come together, and hopefully very tasty.
Burger Recipe - Makes 4
- 500g of lean minced ground, chuck or sirloin meat.
- 1 Egg, (to bind) either the white or yolk, I like to use both.
- 2 Tablespoons of tomato ketchup.
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcester sauce.
- 1 Teaspoon of cumin.
- Salt and cracked black pepper. Easy on the salt, unnecessary, time to train your taste buds people.
My veg today
- Broccoli, everyday, I can never get enough. Ton of vitamins and fibre.
- 4 Flat-cap mushrooms, I use these instead of bread buns.
- Sweet-potato and parsnip chunks. Rich in carbohydrates and vitamins.
- Yellow onions, Plenty of vitamins.
1. Heat oven(180') peel the sweet-potato and parsnips into 1 inch chunks, toss in a little olive oil and cumin, bake in the oven 'till cooked through and a little brown, very tasty. 20minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix all the burger ingredients together, mix should be nice and wet, but the egg will hold it together, making them nice and juicy, no need for breadcrumbs or flour.
3. Split mix in to 4 even meatballs, pat in to burger shape, heat a pan, little olive oil, seal the burgers on both sides, this keeps the juice in, and finish in a heated oven(180') and cook for around 10 Min's, make sure they are cooked through.
4. Peel one whole onion, cut in half and slice, heat a pan, add olive oil, fry the onions for about 2-3 minutes then turn down the heat and cook slowly, the onions will color and become sweet, just add a little salt and pepper.
5. Cut the broccoli in to flowers, and boil or steam. I like to cook my broccoli for 2-3 minutes, no longer, keeping it green and crunchy, saving all the vitamins.
6. Oven bake the Flat cap mushrooms for about 5-6 minutes, place on top of burger as the buns, really great with the burger.
Now put all together, eat and be merry, and hopefully full of energy as I am.
- Simple healthy meal.
So, I consider myself a healthy eater, eating as much fish and veg as possible, and that's due to the fact I do a lot of training, keeping fit, that sort of carry on, also while working long hours in a...
- Simple healthy quick meal
It's dinner time again, and today, I'm going to make a pot of stew, a traditional Dublin stew, and the main reason is this, because it's easy, quick, inexpensive, very tasty, nutritious, and also I make a...
- Tasty salmon noodles
Dinner time again, I'm cooking for two and this is a tasty, easy to prepare dish. Plenty of nutrition with the vegetables and fish. I love to use salmon, wild if possible, but farmed will do also. Salmon if...
- Healthy Diets - Keep It Simple
Do you know how easy it is to eat healthy, and the reasons and benefits of a simple healthy diet can be, to you and your family. I pride myself in been a healthy eater, been in top shape, and seriously,...
More by this Author
'As I have not worried to be born, I do not worry to die.” Federico Garcia Lorca What song would you like to die too. Ok, I've decided to do a hub, I hope is a little different than the usual, about death,...