Kahlua Chocolate Mousse & Mexican Wedding Cakes
Mexico can have some pretty hot recipes to handle but these two are more to my liking.
We'll start off first with the Kahlua Chocolate Mousse, followed by Mexican Wedding Cakes.
Kahlua Chocolate Mousse
3 eggs, separated
200mL (3/4 cup) sugar
2 - 28 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
50mL (1/4 cup) water
1/2 envelope unflavoured gelatin
75 mL (1/3 cup) Kahlua
250 mL (1 cup) whipping cream
50 mL (1/4 cup) sugar
- Heat the beaten egg yolks and 200 mL (3/4 cup) of sugar in
the top of a double boiler until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Then, stir in the chocolate until it is melted. Continue cooking until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Take the gelatin and soften it in water. Now add it to the chocolate mixture, stirring until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add Kahlua and place in iced water to cool.
- Beat the whipping cream with 25 mL (2 tablespoons) of sugar until stiff.
- Whip egg white with 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of sugar until stiff, but not dry.
- When the chocolate mixture begins to thicken, fold in cream and egg white, until well blended.
- Pour into individual serving glasses. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
This should be enough to serve six.
Mexican Wedding Cakes
- 250 mL (1cup) butter, room temperature
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) icing sugar
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 500 mL (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) finely chopped walnuts
- 200 mL (3/4 cup) icing sugar, for dusting
In a large bowl, beat butter, 125 mL (1/2 cup)
of sugar and vanilla together.
Work flour into the mixture until it holds together. Stir in nuts.
Divide the mixture into four equal portions. Divide each portion into twelve pieces. Using the palms of your hand, roll each piece into a small ball. This makes about 48.
Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in a 200 degree oven for 10 minutes. Do not allow the cookies to brown.
While still hot, toss one at a time in icing sugar. The sugar melts to form a slight glace.
Set the cookies to cool on a second cookie sheet or platter.
When cool, roll the cookies in additional icing sugar.
This recipe makes 48 cookies
More by this Author
O.k. guys and gals, get ready to make your own aquarium background. Click on each photo to Enlarge. The first thing you'll need is 1 1/2" - 2" Styrofoam. Get yourself a couple of sheets. They're not...
Thinking about opening a Doggy Daycare or Pet Resort? You'll be needing plenty of dog accessories. Click Here for Great Dog Products from Amazon.com Hello again and welcome to the Self - Employment Network....
Click Here for Baby Furniture on Sale If you are looking for advice on where to place a wood stove in your house, I have a story I want you to read first. A wood stove is a wonderful feature to add in your home,...