Katya's Cheater Cinnamon Roll Recipe
An easy treat everyone will love!
Everybody loves a good cinnamon roll. The soft bread, sweet cinnamon and gooey frosting are enough to break even the staunchest dieter. They are also great because you can eat them at breakfast along with milk and eggs or for dessert at the end of a long day. Cinnamon rolls are one of those foods that make the world fade away and help us to relax just a little bit more. These delightful treats are my weakness. I love them!
The only downfall is that purchasing good, ready-made cinnamon rolls from a bakery or restaurant can be pretty pricey and I don’t know about you but I do not have the best luck when it comes to making homemade dough. Frozen, ready to bake, cinnamon rolls are close to that restaurant quality (depending on what brand you purchase) but even those did not have the wow factor that they should. When I had children my budget did not include those restaurant rolls that I love so much but I could not find a way to make them from home either. I was stuck. Then, I came up with the perfect way to get the best of both worlds. My family and I love this recipe and it comes out perfectly every time. This cinnamon roll recipe does require a little cheating but once you taste them, you’ll know it was well worth it. The best part is that they are so good, no one will ever know your secret (unless they read this Hub of course)!
- One Package Rhodes Bake N' Serve Cinnamon Rolls
- One Canister Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
- One Stick Butter, Softened
- 1 Packed Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 9 X 13 Inch Non-Stick Pan
- Plastic Wrap
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Take cinnamon and brown sugar and mix them well in a small bowl. Using a fork makes it easier to blend them together and ensures that they are well mixed.
3. Spray 9x13 non-stick pan generously with butter flavored cooking spray. Don’t forget to spray the sides so the rolls come out easily
4. Using a spoon, spread about one third of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the bottom of the pan.
5. Remove that frozen cinnamon rolls from the package and place them in the pan.
6. Place frozen cream cheese frosting packet in the fridge to thaw.
7. Turn oven off, place plastic wrap lightly over the top of the 9x13 pan and place pan in the oven for 2-3 hours or until rolls have thawed and doubled in size.
8. Remove cinnamon rolls from oven.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
10. Melt softened butter in a microwave safe bowl or mug.
11. Remove plastic wrap from over the rolls.
12. Pour melted butter evenly over the top of the unbaked rolls.
13. Spread remainder of cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the top of the rolls with a spoon.
14. Place cinnamon rolls back in the oven and bake for 15- 20 minutes or until the rolls are a light golden brown.
15. Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and let cool in pan for 2 minutes.
16. Open frosting and squeeze it out over hot cinnamon rolls.
17. Allow rolls to cool for 2 more minutes before serving.
This recipe is delicious, easy and so much fun! This is also a great recipe to make together as a family. These cinnamon rolls have restaurant quality taste, with a much better price tag and they are ten times easier to prepare than homemade rolls. When these rolls are ready to eat, share them with everyone. You will be the talk of the town!
Cheater recipes (or half homemade recipes), in general are fun to come up with and so easy to repeat. Don’t be afraid to try out some different things when it comes to cooking or baking. You may be impressed at how talented you are!
Try this recipe and let me know what you think!
More by this Author
Looking for some basic fashion tips? Here are five of the most timeless and important fashion tips out there!