Kid Friendly Mini Pita Pizzas
Sick of making 5 different meals each night? Customize each pizza for a simple, go to, dish!
- 10 Mini Whole Wheat Pitas
- 1 Jar/Can/Homemade Recipe Pizza Sauce
- Your Favorite Pizza Toppings
- Preheat Oven to 350F. Make sure oven racks are in the middle. Line one cookie sheet with aluminum foil to make for easy clean up.
- Arrange mini pita breads on the tray and fit as many as possible on the tray. Once the oven is ready, place pita shells into oven for 3-5 minutes until slightly crispy. Remove pitas from oven.
- Carefully add pizza ingredients to hot pitas. Below are recipes for pizzas pictured: Goat Cheese, Artichoke & Spinach 1. Place 1/4 tsp of olive oil on pita and spread 2. Add a pinch of minced garlic and spread 3. Add chopped artichoke & spinach 4. Spinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese 5. Dollop 1oz of goat cheese on top Pepperoni/Pepperoni with Veggies 1. Spread pizza sauce on pita 2. Arrange pepperonis and optional veggies on pizza 3. Sprinkle with Cheese to hold toppings in place Cheesy Garlic Bread 1. Place 1/4 tsp of olive oil on pita and spread 2. Add a pinch of minced garlic and spread 3. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese is slightly melted. Switch oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully so that pizzas do not burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-5 minutes before serving. Serve with side salad.
- BONUS! You can make amazing mini pizzas by using flat bread for a super thin crust. Fancy them up by using a little olive prosciutto, goat cheese and asparagus to make an easy appetizer!
More by this Author
Big bets, fun in the sun, and partying until daylight, Vegas is a great place to take a quick weekend trip to get away from it all and it doesn’t have to come with an uber expensive price tag.
No comments yet.