CiCi's Famous Chocolate Pizza Easy Recipe - Kids Cook Monday
Is this CiCi's Chocolate Dessert Pizza Recipe?
CiCi's Pizza restaurant discontinued their chocolate dessert pizza again! Last time they brought it back after a while. Not this time. It has been years since I had that stuff.
So when I first came across this chocolate dessert pizza recipe, I'll admit that I was looking for a recipe for CiCi's chocolate pizza. Having enjoyed CiCi's specialty pizza off and on (off only during the two times they discontinued it) for about 15--yes 15--years, I would love to have my own recipe in order to enjoy it at home.
CiCi's chocolate pizza had been a favorite for my nieces and me every time we have visited our special restaurant together since the girls were very small. What a grave disappointment when CiCi's, for the second time since we've been eating there, again discontinued their chocolate pizza. Why do they do this to us?!
Why, oh, why? No more Chocolate Pizza?
I don't know why CiCi's discontinued what I think must be their most popular dessert pizza. Every time it would re-appear on the line, kids and adults alike would snatch it up. Nobody could ever convince me that this delightful dish wasn't popular enough.
Oh, well. It's gone, now, and I am left with my endeavors to recreate it. In searching for a copycat recipe, I came across the following recipe in several different places, but I'm not sure of its origin. After making it, I don't think it captures the real CiCi's pizza, but it is still a delicious, chocolatey dessert in its own right. It's easy and fun to make, too. And the kids can help, too, which makes the job fun for everyone.
Ingredients for Chocolate Dessert Pizza Recipe
- 1 package pizza dough mix, (or premade uncooked crust)
- 1 3.4 oz package chocolate pudding mix, cooked type, not instant
- CRUMB TOPPING, MIX
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Prepare pizza dough as directed. Spread with hands onto greased pizza pan. This is a job that small or large hands can do.
- Pierce dough with fork about ten times. Great job for a kid!
- Place in preheated oven at 425 degrees for about three minutes before adding any ingredients on top of crust.
- In the meantime, prepare pudding as per package. Use a whisk to continually stir pudding while cooking. Again, a child can help with this with proper supervision for the younger ones.
- Someone can be preparing the crumb topping mix, as well. I really think that the CiCi's Pizza place in my area simply used powdered sugar, but this crumb topping is very tasty. Just mix together ingredients. I softened 1/2 stick butter in microwave for about 25 seconds, and then mixed with dry ingredients until smooth.
- Remove pizza crust from oven after three minutes. Spread about a cup of the chocolate pudding on crust.
- Take some of crumb topping in hand and sprinkle onto chocolate. Do this until you've used all the topping. (Recipe didn't say to use it all, but I didn't see why not!)
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes. This is less than recipe recommended. Allow for differences in ovens, so check from time to time. Pizza is done when crust is slightly browned.
What do you think of this recipe?
Enjoy Chocolate Dessert Pizza with Family and Friends!
While this chocolate pizza doesn't taste like CiCi's chocolate pizza to me, it is still a very good dessert pizza. Your kids will love it, and so will you, if chocolate is your thing. Making this pizza is quick and easy, with several tasks that kids can do. Mixing ingredients, kneading dough, spreading chocolate, and sprinkling on topping are all fun assignments for kids.
As an alternative, if you want to omit the crumb topping, try plain ole confectioner's sugar (aka powdered sugar) instead. I do think that's what my local Cici's pizza would put on their chocolate pizza. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will enjoy this warm, gooey dessert pizza.
More Recipes that Kids Enjoy
- Easy Plain Cheese Pizza 5 Cheese Pizza Recipe - Kid...
Kids love cheese pizza! With this easy recipe, they can help make this for the whole family. Adults will love it, too, with its five delicious cheeses!
- Easy Macaroni and Cheese All-in-One Meal with Tuna a...
Mix macaroni and cheese, tuna, and peas for a meal that's easy, tasty, and quick. So easy even the kids can help!
- Loaded Hot Dogs or Turkey Dogs with all the Toppings...
Need a kid friendly recipe that the kids can help put together and enjoy eating? Do you like the idea of a hot dog bar but would like to make it healthier? Try turkey dogs and wheat buns. Add all the fixings and toppings to offer choices to make the
- How to Make Frito Pie and Chili Cheese Fries - Kids ...
Kids and adults love chili cheese fries! Easy to make and tasty to eat--a great kid-friendly family meal! Make frito chili pie, too!
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Pudding Peanut Butter Pie Rec...
Try this easy, no-bake chocolate pudding and peanut butter graham cracker crust pie. It's cool and refreshing, and easy enough for the kids to make!
More by this Author
Love Cadbury eggs? Try Easter dessert cupcakes with mini Cadbury eggs inside.
Tomato soup cake was poet Sylvia Plath's favorite to bake. Baking was therapeutic. I made it for a literary-themed English Department meeting. Recipe review and history of Plath's life.
To be extremely frugal, frugality has to be a lifestyle. Besides frugal and thrifty living, you have to cut things out of your budget and sacrifice. There are also ways to make extra money to add to your budget....