Delectable Barbecue Sauce for Summer Grilling
I am passionate about good barbecue. I have friends that invite me over every time they have barbecue in the summer. We have ribs, chicken, pork, and beef. The husband experiments with homemade barbecue sauces. I particularly like this one. I hope you do too.
Add my tarragon cole slaw or exceptional four bean salad on the side and you will have a have perfect barbecue meal.
- 1/4 cup shiitake or porcini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Safflower oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Sauté onions in the oil for 5 minutes in large saucepan.
- Add tomato sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, apple juice, mustard, and water.
- Strain mushrooms and mash them to a paste.
- Add to pan and simmer gently for 1 hour
More by this Author
If you love brussels sprouts and are looking for a new way to cook them, try this out. To die for.
Food labels can be very deceptive. Ingredients can be disgusting. Instructions can be silly. Marketing is ridiculous. Read labels and see for yourself!
Fainting while laughing is a rare occurrence, but it does happen. It's happened to me. Here is a medical description of what is known as Gelastic Syncope.