Lasagna Recipe with Cottage Cheese and Alfredo Sauce
Homemade Lasagna Noodles
How To Make Healthy Pasta
I absolutely love lasagna with a lot of ricotta and mozzarella cheese. The first time that I made this lasagna for my now fiancé, I also found out that he did not like ricotta cheese. So I made it my mission to create a recipe for lasagna that we could both love. This recipe is also great to use turkey burger as well, and for those who think they can tell the difference; you really can't tell the difference in the meat because it soaks up the taste of the red sauce.
Lasagna with Cottage Cheese and Alfredo Sauce
- (1) Package of Lasagna Noodles
- 1lb. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Jar Traditional or Plain Spaghetti Sauce
- (1) Medium Yellow Onion
- 4 cups Cottage Cheese
- 4 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- (1) egg
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a deep baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Be sure not to overcook. Strain, rinse with cold water and then coat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Chop the medium onion and brown in a pan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook until the onions are soft and just about transparent.
- Add the meat and garlic salt and brown with the onion.
- Drain the grease from the meat and onion mixture
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat and let simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the Alfredo sauce.
- In a separate bowl mix together thoroughly the cottage cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella (you will use the other 2 cups at the end) cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg and pepper.
- In the baking dish begin layering with the noodles, then the meat and sauce, and then the cheese mixture. Repeat until you are finished making sure you finish with the noodles on the top layer.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil, and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese on the top is melted and browned.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
This is one of those meals that taste even better warmed up the next day.
More by this Author
A quick and easy recipe that is great for the weekdays. Packed with healthy benefits, this dish will be a staple in your household too. It's hearty enough to eat as a stand alone lunch as well.
Creamy baked macaroni and cheese recipe using sharp cheddar and colby jack cheese. A family favorite dish on a chilly winter day.
This hub is about graphic design including pre-press procedures, paper sizes, bleeds, margins and final trim sizes. There is important information about what your printer needs to be able to output the best quality...