Fall / Pumpkin / Thanksgiving Recipes: Chocolate-Pumpkin Pound Cake
Chocolate-Pumpkin Pound CakeClick thumbnail to view full-size
I like a challenge!
Even if you don't like pumpkin pie, pumpkin anything, you have GOT to try this recipe for Chocolate-Pumpkin Pound Cake. It's my twist on one similar I found when looking for a new recipe to add to my Thanksgiving menu. Nobody in my family likes pumpkin and when I stated that I was going to make a pumpkin dessert, they asked me if I really had to, and of course I took that as a challenge. Let me tell you, when my hubby (most against a pumpkin anything) and my kids tasted this cake..............they literally melted to the floor right in front of me. Okay, maybe not, but they LOVED it. The hubby even insisted I put some in a container for him to take to work last night, and also, my biggest critic, my step dad......said it was "pretty good, but not as good as just plain ol' chocolate cake". :) He loves his chocolate cake. Anyway, enough about that. This is one of the best cakes I've ever made. It's incredibly moist, and with my added cream cheese, has a bit of baked cheesecake consistency. Yum!!!
Bundt Cake Pan
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 cup Country Crock Pumpkin Spice Spread
- 1-8oz Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can Pumpkin
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/4 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Beat spread, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cream cheese on medium until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Beat in flour mixture on low speed alternating with the 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and then pour batter into greased and lightly floured bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until toothpick check in center comes out dry. Set aside to cool completely and work on glaze.
For the glaze, it's very simple. Mix together in one bowl:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla (clear preferably)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Once mixed completely, drizzle around the top of the cake and some into the center.
Want to See all the Pics?
Will You Be Trying This For Thanksgiving?
More by this Author
- 6"My Son Could Have Died". Our experience with appendicitis, the most common cause of Pediatric Emergency Surgery.
I hadn't heard or seen many pediatric cases of appendicitis in juveniles, so when my 5 year old had to have emergency surgery , I was a little in shock. I'm glad I knew what to look for!
Not happy with any of the average everyday toddler beds you see? Here are 10 great ideas on how to make your own DIY Toddler Beds.
Do you have hair that is constantly getting tangled? Do you purchase a lot of detangler spray for your child? If so, this is a must-try homemade detangling spray.