Leftover grilled pork slow cooker sandwich recipe
A neighbor of mine shared a tip with me. She is a competitive barbecuer - smoker (of meat not cigs). "Try to barbecue up at least two meals worth of meat. You can freeze the unserved portions very easily and it will thaw and reheat nicely." When the rain, snow or sleet has the grill down you can still have some savory, flame roasted eats on the table.This can't always be done, grilling double for a family of 10. For one my grill isn't big enough. Though I try to always have left overs. I have a lot of kids and they have a lot of friends that like to hang out here. Miraculously I had quite a stash of left over grilled pork in the freezer. Here is another very simple recipe for your left over barbecued pork.This creation used left over barbecued ribs, pork chops, pork steak and a chunk of pork loin roast.Recipe
- Wake up early. You will want this in the crock pot all day.
- Thaw your left over grilled pork. Do it in the microwave if you have to.
- Cut any meat off the bones.
- Trim off any fat that may be o the meat.
- Cut the meat into 2" - 3" chunks, if applicable.
- Toss all the meat and bones into a crock pot.
- Add water, so that it covers only about the bottom 1/3 of the meat.
- Turn the crock on high.
- Stir occasionally and help break up the meat with the spoon. I sometimes use a potato masher to do this.
- Let this cook until the meat is falling apart. I'm guessing about 3 hours.
- Add a little more water if needed while it is slow cooking.
- Use a slotted spoon to get the bones out. A metal spoon works the best, you will feel the bones much easier with it.
- Turn the heat to low and add 1/2 of a chopped onion.
- Also add 1 package of Lipton onion soup mix.
- Let this cook on low for at least an hour.
- Stir occasionally.
- You want this to be the consistency of sloppy joes. If you have a little too much water cook with the lid off for a while.
- Serve with a slotted spoon onto the rolls or buns of your choice.
No comments yet.
More by this Author
Many years ago a friend of mine invited me to go over to 2 of his coworkers home with him. His coworkers just arrived from Korea and spoke no English what so ever. These 2 young men, Kim and Kim, knowing that the...