What To Do With Leftover Turkey? Easy Snack and Supper Recipes With Leftovers
Delicious Turkey, Cranberry and Cheese Melt
Make and Rate These Recipes
Toast Your Sandwiches to Make a Hot Snack
Turkey and Herb Stuffing Sandwhich
Every House Should Have a Panini Press
How to Make Pancakes for Everyday
- Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day...
Fabulous pancake recipes for everyday of the year. And a little info on Pancake Tuesday and it's origins.
Great Coleslaw Recipes for Every Day
- Six Great Coleslaw Recipes: From Classic Coleslaw to...
Six great coleslaw recipes including good old classic slaw to cheese slaw to a modern scrumptious bacon slaw. It's so easy and cheap to make your own no to mention quick.
Turkey meat is a healthy, low fat meat. Did you now: turkey breast meat has only 29 calories per ounce and the leg meat only 40 calories per ounce. Don't waste your leftover turkey. Make delicious snacks and suppers for all the family.
My favorite turkey leftover snacks list:
- Sliced turkey breast topped with a little herb stuffing and cranberry sauce, sandwiched between two buttered slices of your favorite bread. Toasting is optional. Turkey and coleslaw or turkey and potato salad make fab sandwich fillers too. Delicious.
Toasted Turkey and Cheese Melt:
- This tasty melt is a real favourite. Slice a panini bread in half and place under the grill to lightly toast the bread. Smother one half of the toasted bread with mustard and the other half with cranberry sauce, top the cranberry half with sliced turkey and grated cheese (use cheddar or a similar cheese) and return to the grill to melt the cheese. Sandwich together and enjoy.
- Get yourself a flour tortilla and spread with a little mayo. Top with shredded lettuce, diced cucumber, strips of red pepper and sliced turkey and stuffing. Dot over a little tomato chutney. Roll and slice in half. A quick tasty snack.
- Mix up some pancake mix and make some pancakes. Keep warm under the grill. In a non stick pan gently heat some garlic and herb philadelphia with a splash of milk, add in the shredded turkey, stir to coat. Spread some of the mixture unto your pancake. Roll, slice in half and eat. Grown ups can add a splash of white wine or vermouth instead of the milk.
- Mix two or three fresh eggs in a bowl (depending on how hungry you are) add some chopped turkey, diced spring onions or snipped chives if your not on onion fan, add grated cheddar cheese a little sprinkle of nut meg, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk all together and pour into a hot pan with just a enough oil to cover the bottom. Using a fork begin as if making scramble eggs. Then leave to set, a minute or so. Serve with a coleslaw and sweet tomato chutney. Adding a mixed salad or a portion of french fries will turn this snack into a supper.
- A turkey frittata is quick, easy and filling. Boil up 4 to 5 potatoes in salted water. When cooked, steam. In a bowl mix up 4 eggs. Add in your turkey, potatoes and a little grated parmesan cheese. Season. A few snipped chives or chopped flat leaf parsley is good too. In a non stick pan heat a little oil. Pour in your mix. Move the mixture around a little till all the egg is just setting. Cook for a minute or two. Put a plate on top of the pan turning the pan over. Gently slide the frittata back into the pan to cook the bottom. Serve with a green salad and a dollop of cranberry chutney. Perfect.
Hey Presto: Make Great Pizzas
Turkey Caesar Salad
What do you do with leftover turkey?See results without voting
Easy Leftover Recipes:
- Buy a ready made pizza base (or a few). Liberally brush with BBQ sauce. Top with chopped turkey and sprinkle with sweet corn and spring onions. Grate over a little cheese (any hard cheese in the fridge). Bake according to the base instructions. This also works with ready made puff pastry.
Turkey Potato Cakes:
- Dice your turkey meat. Finely chop an onion and a red pepper. Mix together with mash potato (made from 3/4 medium potatoes) and a beaten egg. Season and mould into cake shapes. Lightly flour the cakes. Heat some oil in a non stick pan and fry your cakes for 2/3 minutes on each side. The cakes should be an even golden colour. Gorgeous. Serve with a dollop of mayo or cranberry chutney.
Turkey Caesar Salad:
- Choose a crisp lettuce like curly endive for this recipe. Fry some stale bread cubs to make croutons. Thinly slice a red salad onion. Cut the turkey in to chunks. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Dress with a good quality caesar dressing. Toss and serve on to individual plates. Shave over some parmesan cheese to serve.
- Cook off some pasta according to instructions and drain. In a bowl mix diced turkey with a little grated cheese, fresh thyme leaves, white sauce and the cooked pasta. Put the mix into an oven proof dish. Top with more grated cheese. Dot with little blobs of butter. Bake for about 20/25 minutes on a medium heat. By all means add a veg if you want to bulk up this dish. Peas or broccoli work a treat.
- Top a jacket potato with diced turkey mixed with any of the following combinations. Sweet corn and mayonnaise. Sour cream and chives. Tomato salsa and crispy bacon.
- Adding a little garlic, chilli, smoked paprika or a favourite herb; chives, basil, oregano to your frittata, sprinkled on your pizza or moulded into your turkey cakes will enhance the flavor creating a more exciting sabor. Experiment and find out exactly what tickles your taste buds
- A favorite topping, sauce or chutney can liven up leftovers. Think mild mustards, pickle and tomato chutneys with sandwiches; bbq sauce or sweet chilli with toasties; creek yogurt or horseradish mixed through with jacket potatoes.
- Replace your usual meat with chunks of turkey for casseroles, curries, stews, stroganoffs and stir fries. Shredded or smaller turkey pieces will work for omelets, tortillas, pasta, quiches, soups and savoury pies even as an accompanying side salad to a main meal.
- Go cold turkey: there's nothing better than a plate of cold turkey, sliced tomatoes, diced cucumber, pickled chutney and pickled onions, coleslaw, crusty bread and a glass of dry white wine. Perfection in waiting and super quick to prepare.
- If you are surrounded by leftover turkey why not invite friends and family round for a leftover turkey feast of lots of different turkey dishes as listed here on this page. Maybe they have leftover turkey too. It could be a bit turkey party.
- There is no hard and fast rule with left over turkey. A healthy meat like turkey meat certainly shouldn't be saved for Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you do find yourself slaving over a big family dinner, take a leaf out of my book. Spread your hard work over a few days with some easy dishes. After all that cooking you deserve a rest too...put your feet up and get one of the others to make a leftover turkey supper.
© 2010 Gabriel Wilson
More by this Author
Any easy step by step recipe: how to make a prawn cocktail; from choosing your prawns to making your sauce. You'll never make it any other way again; if like a kick this recipe is for you.
- 24How to Make Sausage Rolls: A Deliciously Easy Recipe With Ready Made Puff Pastry, The Kids Will Love 'em for Supper
An easy, tasty recipe for succulent sausage rolls made with ready made puff pastry. Step by step instructions with pictures. Sooo delicious, all the family will love them.
This article lists alcoholic drinks that won't make you fat. If you're watching your weight or want a healthier option read on and discover low calorie alcoholic drinks that won't ruin your waistline.