How To Cook Oxtail, And Leg Beef Stew
Oxtail with Leg Beef Stew
How To Cook Oxtail and Leg Beef Stew
This recipe I learned from my mother she used to cook this dish when we are a kids back to the Philippines. When we first migrated here in America and have first gathering in my mom house she prepared this one of her dish that everybody liked.
My husband he is so picky eating habit, if not my stuff I mean if I'm not the one I cooked he will never eat, so I decided to try to cook this dish with my own idea.
So he started eating till he loved to eat this dish.
I posted the recipe of my mother you will find below, and I'm sure you will like to eat this dish too.
2 pieces leg beef
1 large oxtail
1 can Garbanzos
1/2 can salted beans
1 whole garlic (crush)
1 piece large onion (sliced)
1 piece medium ginger (sliced)
1 tablespoon Tamarind Soup
2 cubes Bouillon knorr
1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
3 Bay Laurel leaves
1 teaspoon whole Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder or 1 stick
1 red Bell Pepper
1 cup Green Peas
8 cups of water (just estimate be sure it is enough to cook and little gravy)
- Boil the water then put the leg beef, after boiling the water throw out the water, and remove the leg beef put aside.
- Boiled another water and add the leg beef, bouillon, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, laurel, black pepper, and tamarind soup on it, and stir all together.
- While cooking the leg beef until tender add the oxtail, and salted beans, and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer 30 minutes until cooked.
- If you think the meat are cooked add the green peas, stir all together then cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes..
- Then add the garbanzos, red pepper, and peanut butter, and stir again, cover and simmer 5 minute until all the vegetables are tender.
- When it cooked serve with basmati rice while hot.
You will really enjoy eating this dish.
More by this Author
With a wide variety of both fresh and frozen fish at your local supermarket, it's easy to eat it regularly. In fact, the American Heart Association recommends eating 2 to 3 serving of fish a week to help lower...