Recipe: Lemon Rice
This is a very popular south Indian rice dish, very easy to prepare.
- 6 Chillies, cut lengthwise
- 1 Onion
- Garlic 1/4 spoon
- 1 medium size Tomato
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Peanuts 1 cup (ground nuts)
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups rice
Method of preparation:
- Keep rice for cooking
- In a medium size pan first heat oil put Mustard seeds when hot then curry leaves
- Now add peanuts and fry until red, be careful not to overcook
- Now add chillies and fry for 1 minutes
- Now add onions and fry for 3 minutes
- Now add tomato and coriander leaves and boil for 6-8 minutes on medium heat, keep stirring once in a while
- In the end add lemon juice, turmeric, salt and mix everything well
- Once rice is done and cooled a bit, mix both
Enjoy this time honoured rice dish.
More by this Author
Recently we had problem with GE refrigerator that opened my eyes to some of the information provided in the manual. The problem was that first few days water and ice dispenser was not working reliably, meaning works...
Recently my GE Space-maker Microwave (7 years old, model JVM1631BB) stopped heating food. When I start it works as if it is heating food, but it was not heating food. After doing some research online I found that it is...