Lemon Rosemary Butter Cookies
- Prep time: 2 hours 20 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 2 hours 35 min
- Yields: 40 cookies
- 4 oz. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar or sanding sugar for decorating, (I just use organic sugar which is slightly more granulated than regular sugar)
- Beat butter, sugar, rosemary and lemon zest with electric mixer 3 minutes, or until creamy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder and salt in bowl. Add to butter mixture, and beat until just combined. Shape into 2 1-inch-wide logs. Wrap in wax paper and chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper). Slice cookies into 1/3-inch-thick rounds. Place turbinado sugar in bowl and press one cut side of cookies into sugar. Place sugar-side up on baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown on bottoms. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
More by this Author
The Yakima River is a popular river to float in the summer in eastern Washington. This Hub gives useful information about the float like where to stay, where to put in, and how to float the river safely.