Lemongrass and ginger chicken soup recipe
A wonderful soup in the monsoon when you need something hot and healthy
Making your own soup at home when it's raining outside and you are hungry is the most healthy and also satisfying thing to do. Specially when you want something quick, hot, healthy and tasty.
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 1 inch ginger, knob
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, large
- 0.5 lettuce, small
- 3 tbsp chilli oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Cook the chicken and tear it into pieces.
- Cut the lemongrass stalk in two and bruise heavily.
- Heat a bit of oil in a small stockpot, add ginger and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add chicken and lemongrass, stir for a few minutes and add stock and chilli. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the onion and let it cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add carrot, cook for three-four minutes and add chilli oil and lettuce. Serve immediately
More by this Author
Chicken is versatile and nutritious. It goes perfectly with chervil, and raspberry vinegar - available in most shops - which adds a beautiful sweet-and-sour flavour. The mushrooms are a modest source of protein, with...
Liver doesn't come high on most people's culinary choice list. Maybe it's something to do with its texture, but calve's liver really is the king of this part of the butcher's counter. It's quick to prepare, melts in the...
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...