Lemongrass and ginger chicken soup recipe
A wonderful soup in the monsoon when you need something hot and healthy
Making your own soup at home when it's raining outside and you are hungry is the most healthy and also satisfying thing to do. Specially when you want something quick, hot, healthy and tasty.
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 1 inch ginger, knob
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, large
- 0.5 lettuce, small
- 3 tbsp chilli oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Cook the chicken and tear it into pieces.
- Cut the lemongrass stalk in two and bruise heavily.
- Heat a bit of oil in a small stockpot, add ginger and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add chicken and lemongrass, stir for a few minutes and add stock and chilli. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the onion and let it cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add carrot, cook for three-four minutes and add chilli oil and lettuce. Serve immediately
More by this Author
Sharks don't usually attack humans. We are not their natural prey. We get attacked because we resemble some of their prey and the shark makes a mistake in murky waters. For example we look a lot like a seal swimming in...
These are the world's most dangerous, deadly snakes for humans: Find out about the habits of each snake, where they live, and how to avoid them.
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...