Lemongrass and prawns salad
This salad provides the phytochemicals of vegetables along with protein, vitamins of prawns and can be had as a main or side dish.
- 1 stick lemongrass, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 0.5 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1.5 tbsp palm or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 red chillies, small
- 6 pieces prawns, peeled but with tails intactand deveined
- 2 cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 0.5 cup coriander leaves
- 0.5 cup mint leaves
- 0.25 cup peanuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- Place the lemon grass, lime juice, oil, sugar, fish sauce and chillies in a large bowl.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves
- Boil the prawns
- cool in refrigerator
- once it's cold, toss with dressing
- place the cucumber, onions, coriander and mint into a bowl
- pour over reserved lemon grass mixture. Toss to combine
- Arrange cucumber salad on serving plates
- Top with prawns and peanuts. Serve chilled
More by this Author
These are the world's most dangerous, deadly snakes for humans: Find out about the habits of each snake, where they live, and how to avoid them.
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...
Sharks don't usually attack humans. We are not their natural prey. We get attacked because we resemble some of their prey and the shark makes a mistake in murky waters. For example we look a lot like a seal swimming in...
No comments yet.