Lemon And Its Unique Benefits
This is the traditional Australian lemon type. The lemons are large, with medium to thick skin. The juice is strong acidic. This lemon is great for cooking, fish and juice.
The Lisbon lemon is the most common in Australia. These are very high quality lemons, with high acidity and good juice. Their skin is thin.
These lemons are medium sized with soft skin. The colour is deep golden. The juice is less acidic then the other 2 varieties and slightly sweeter. It can be grown in pots.
This variety was originated in Australia. It was launched by the Engall Nursery in the late eighties.It can be eaten directly from the tree like an orange. It is sweeter then the other lemon varieties and has a refreshing tang. It makes a very refreshing juice.
This book is about the health and beauty benefits of lemon. Written by Dr Penny Stanway, the book reveals how the lemon can contribute to your well being and diet, if consumed properly. It is a very informative reading.
The lemon juice should be applied directly to the skin and allowed to dry. Then remove it with water mixed with olive oil. It can treat acne and eczema.The juice is also good for the removal of blackheads, freckles and wrinkles. Mixed with warm water, it helps clean and clear the skin. It can also treats the growing blemishes.
The juice of the lemon will destroy harmful bacteria found in the cuts and areas of infection. It is used as a natural antiseptic.
For weight loss
You can loose weight if you cut back the amount of calories you eat and speed up your metabolism.
The lemon is good liver tonic. It is a good cleanser of digestive system. Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamin C which increases the liver function.
The lemon has several health benefits. Some are listed below.
- For toothache, apply fresh juice on the painful area.
- It removes plaque, whitens the teeth and strengthens the enamel
- The juice when applied to hair after rinsing it , will give shine and volume to your hair.
- It helps to prevent and cure osteoarthritis.
- It helps to prevent diabetes.
- It helps to get stronger and sturdier nails. You can soak your nails in lemon juice for 10 minutes and then brush them with equal parts of vinegar and warm for good shape.
- Lemon-juice prevents or restrains influenza, malaria and cold.
- Lemon acts as a sedative for the nerves and the heart.
Vitamin P in lemon strengthens the blood vessels and prevents internal haemorrhage.
It prevents vomiting.
Lemon juice relieves colic pain and gastric problems.
Lemon applied over the face removes wrinkles and keeps you young.
No comments yet.