Let’s Party! The Best Appetizers And Snack Recipes!
Addicting Tex Mex Layered Dip
This scrumptious Tex-Mex layered dip is very addicting, you keep wanting
Great for parties, potlucks or just for the family. You will definitely
have an empty dish.
I like to put in a glass dish so you can see the layers, but feel free to layer away in any dish you want. Serve with corn chips or crackers, makes a large amount.
Layer the following in a shallow serving dish.
2 large cans bean dip
3 ripe avocados
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Layer on top of bean dip.
1 cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
1 package taco seasoning
Mix together; layer on top of avocado mixture.
3 medium tomatoes, chopped,
1 large bunch green onions, chopped
8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded (you can mix cheeses if desired) 2-3 ½ ounce cans sliced olives, green or black
Sprinkle over sour cream mixture chopped onions, tomatoes, olives. Tops with shredded cheese.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Favorite Homemade Guacamole Dip
There are many ways to make Homemade Guacamole, I am sharing this delicious and yummy guacamole recipe that I had in my recipe box, it is quick and simple. In this recipe, you get the wonderful flavor of the avocados. To get started all you need is avocados, salt, tomato and lemons.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, see tips below
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, chopped finely, optional
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds, saving them for later
- Using a spoon, scoop avocado out of shell into a medium bowl.
- Mash avocado with a fork, do not use a blender.
- Add juice from the lemons and salt.
- Mix well and taste to see if needs more lemon juice or salt.
- If you like, add small tomato.
- Add avocado seeds to bowl of guacamole that you save, it keep if from turning brown.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve Guacamole with tortilla chips, pita chips, vegetable, fresh corn tortillas, on nachos and other Mexican dishes.
- You can add crushed garlic, finely grated onion, and Serrano Chiles or Jalapeño peppers, chopped very fine.
Do not use over ripe or avocado with bad spots, it will affect the taste of your Guacamole.
How to Tell if Avocado Overripe or Not!
Zesty Barbecue Flavored Peanuts
If you are looking for a new snack try Barbecue Peanuts. It's a flavorful spicy snack made by coating dry roasted peanuts with a butter and barbecue sauce mixture flavored with garlic salt and ground red pepper, then baking. This also makes a great gift for any holiday or just as a thank you. Put into an attractive tin or plastic goodie bag for gift giving.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounce jar dry roasted lightly salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan; set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter, barbecue sauce, garlic salt, and cayenne in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Add peanuts; toss until evenly coated.
- Spread the peanuts in a single layer in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit the coated peanuts 20-22 minutes or until glazed, stirring occasionally to prevent them from sticking together.
- Store cooled peanuts in an air-tight container.
This recipe makes 10 servings
- If you like spicy add more cayenne pepper.
- Cool peanuts completely before placing in air-tight container.
Be careful when removing the hot pan of peanuts from the oven.
Caramelized Vidalia Onion Dip
This delicious caramelized Vidalia onion dip is a great dip for parties or just for a snack while watching your favorite movie.
It's made with Vidalia onions or any type of sweet onion, cream cheese mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and other seasonings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 scallion, green part only, thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté until begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the water and scrape up any brown tidbits from the bottom of the pan.
- Turn the heat to low and cook 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown. If the pan looks too dry, add a tablespoon of water.
- Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire, garlic salt, onion powder, and pepper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the reserved onions and the scallions.
- Chill until serving time.
- Serve with chips of your choice.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- If you to not have access to Vidalia onions, use another sweet variety like Wallawalla, Maui, or Texas Spring
- Delicious with thick-cut Kettle Chips or whatever you pair up with this yummy caramelized Vidalia onion dip.
Sausage Rotel Cheese Dip
Sausage Rotel cheese dip is so good, you will keep going back for more. This recipe makes a large batch and any leftovers will freeze well.
You may prepare it on the stove top are in a crock pot. Ingredients you will need to make this yummy dip are Velveeta cheese, tomatoes and green chilies, sausage, ground beef and cream of mushroom soup.
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1-10 ounce can tomatoes and green chilies, like Rotel
- 1 pound hot or regular sausage, cooked and crumbled fine
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and crumbled fine
- 1-10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- Cook sausage and ground beef in a 4-quart saucepan; using a fork to crumble it fine as it’s cooking.
- Drain fat off of the cooked sausage and ground beef meat.
- Combine the Velveeta cheese, tomatoes and green chilies, mushroom soup, ground beef, and sausage in pan and heat on stove prop or in slow cooker and heat until cheese melts.
- If using stove top, heat slowing on low heat.
- Stir mixture a few times during, and after melting cheese.
- Serve dip with chips, crackers or vegetables.
This recipe makes 8 cups.
- This dip freezes well.
- May serve over chalupa shells spread with refried beans or over nacho chips.
Be sure and stir mixture during melting and keep the temperature on low or it will burn.
Veggie Crescent Roll Pizza
This easy and quick recipe for veggie crescent roll pizza appetizer is great at parties or any special gathering.
You can use any combination of vegetables and cheeses that your family likes. You will need refrigerator crescent rolls, cream cheese, dry ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise, cheese and vegetables for making this yummy Veggie Crescent Roll Pizza.
This appetizer dish will always be the star of the party and you will be getting requests for the recipe.
- 2 package refrigerator crescent rolls
- 2- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup manyonnaise
- 1 package, dry mix Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing
- 4 to 6 cups vegetables
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
- Press the crescent roll dough in a large greased jelly roll pan, sealing all perforations. Bake as directed about 10 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and dressing mix, you can add chopped chives, dill, a dash or two of hot sauce, etc. if you desire.
- Beat cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled crust and sprinkle the chopped vegetables and shredded cheese over all. Chill and serve!
- Veggie ideas: red, green, yellow pepper, red onion, radishes, tomatoes, olives, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, cucumbers, celery, and whatever you like.
- May use light cream cheese if you desire.
- You may use any type of cheese or a combination
What is your favorite midnight snack?See results without voting
Please Rate My Appetizer Recipes!
More Yummy Recipes to Try!
- Mexican Pile-On Recipe For a Crowd or Fundraiser!
Mexican Pile-On Recipe is a definite people pleaser meal! It is easy to organize by everyone bringing one or two of the items. Great for large gatherings or for fundraisers!
- Fun and Spooky Halloween Party Food Recipes
Are you ready to have a spooky good time this Halloween? I have collected some recipes that everyone will be talking about days after the Halloween party is over. Check out these scary recipes!
© 2016 Margie Lynn
More by this Author
This collection of roll recipes are some of my favorites. Some are made with yeast, oatmeal, refrigerator biscuits or crescent roll. Let's make a batch!
3 scrumptious desserts with one dough recipe! What are you hungry for, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts or an elegant layered cinnamon roll cake. Make one today!
You will know the Christmas holiday is drawing near when we start making our favorite Christmas candy recipes. A few of my favorites are divinity, fudge, peanut brittle, divinity, toffee mad more!
Leave your Comments on these snacks and dip recipes!
No comments yet.