Bacon Double Wrapped Chicken with Lettuce
- Cook Red Leaf lettuce until tender, cool and chop. Then drain water and put in a bowl.
- In another bowl or same one, beat 1 raw egg, 2 chopped/sliced green onions and add chopped lettuce.
- Slice chicken breast thin and paste on the egg mix, not putting too much or it will spill over.
- Add cheese to the center. I used sharp cheddar.
- Slowly roll the chicken breast and wrap with 1 uncooked turkey bacon strip. You can use pork bacon.
- Using another turkey bacon strip, wrap the other end, making a little package and poke a toothpick through each one to hold bacon in place.
- You can use an oven. I put mine in a frying pan on medium heat, placed them all in over 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cooked for about 15 minutes on each side.
- When done, serve over white rice, mashed potatoes or salads. These taste great hot or cold. NOTE: When serving, do not forget to remove the toothpick.
- 1 head Red Leaf Lettuce, Chopped and cooked
- 5 Chicken Breasts, Sliced in half makes 10
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped or sliced
- Cheddar Cheese, Sliced or shredded
- 20 strips Turkey Bacon, Wrapped
- 10 Toothpicks
- 2 Olive oil, Tablespoons
More by this Author
Post-Mortem Photography was an important part of dealing with the death of a loved one in the Victorian era. This article explains the fascinating truth behind the photos of the dead.
Konjac Root, a surprising zero carb, high fiber, no starch root that when used in powder form, can be an excellent alternative to flour and corn starch. Is it something you can use in your diet? Find out here.
Tattoos are painful but it's worth it. What can you do to make a tattoo less painful? Here are some tips on managing tattoo pain and some tips on care.