Light Capital Chicken
- 2 tablespoons of corn oil margarine
- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- 3/4 cup defat chicken stock
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 3 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned, split, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- 8 oz of fresh mushrooms, sliced, about 3 cups
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoon of fresh parsley
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine in medium saucepan.
Add 3 tablespoons of flour and stir over medium heat for 1 minute; do not brown.
Add chicken stock and skim milk.
Using a wire whisk, stir the mixture over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
Continue to cook 1 minute more; set aside.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon margarine in a large skillet along with canola oil.
Add chicken and cook over medium heat until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
Remove chicken and place in baking dish sprayed with non-stick vegetable coating.
Cook mushrooms in same skillet 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour, the sauce, and the wine and water.
Simmer, stirring, until thickened about 10 minutes.
Stir in 2% milk, salt, tarragon, garlic powder and pepper.
Pour over chicken and bake, uncovered until hot (45 minutes).
Sprinkle with green onions and parsley; bake 5 minutes.
More by this Author
Have you ever wondered how the technology in solar panels work? Then your in the right place. I will also tell you the advantages and disadvantages of solar panels and there uses.
Want to know more about eating the right things? Want to know about what proteins, carbohydrates, fats and iron do for you and your body?
No comments yet.