Linguini and Hot Dog Alfredo Sauce
Quick and Easy Meal Idea
Looking for a great meal idea that you probably already have all of the ingredients in your own pantry already? This is a quick and easy meal that kids will love. This is the "grown up" version of Mac and Cheese with Hot Dogs. I like to call these kind of meals "pantry dives" because that is exactly what they are in my house. Look in the pantry and be creative. It may not be gourmet, but it's quick and fills the belly.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 box of Linguine (or any pasta that your family likes to eat)
- 1 jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 4 Hot dogs
- Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Tablespoon of Butter (or margarine)
- Pepper to taste
- Start by boiling the water for your pasta, and cook pasta as directed on the package. Cook, drain, rinse with cold water and then coat the noodles with the olive oil to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Slice the hot dogs into 1/4" wide coins.
- Heat the butter on low heat until fully melted and put the hot dogs in the heated butter.
- Cook the hot dogs until they are browned on each side to your liking.
- Add the jar of Alfredo sauce and warm over low heat until it is thoroughly heated.
- Spoon sauce over noodles, add pepper to taste and enjoy!
Serve with a fresh garden salad or fresh vegetables.
More by this Author
If you don't own a broiler pan, this is a great way to improvise to cook succulent steak!
A twist on the traditional Pigs in a Blanket recipe that both kids and adults will love. BBQ sauce, honey and flaky crescent rolls with cheddar stuffed smokies.
This article is a step by step process on how to create interactive PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat. These forms are great for saving paper, time management, and regulating the information that is necessary. This is also...
No comments yet.