How To Make Flavored Liquor: List Of Liquor Names
Easy Directions For Making Flavored Liquor
Flavored liquor works great whether you are looking to impress your guests or make a gift for your friend plus there are limitless options where flavors are concerned. You can incorporate everything from fruits to spices to make flavored liquor without spending too much and with just a little creativity you will have yourself a perfect cocktail and earn mad respect from your drinking buddies. So how do you make flavored liquor and what exactly do you need? Below is a detailed guide on how to make flavored liquor that will make your work easy and ensure that you end up with nothing short of a perfect drink.
1. Get a base spirit
Your first course of action will be to get a base spirit of your choice. Anything from rum to gin works just fine and while quality is key you do not have to restrict yourself to expensive brands. To be safe you should choose white over brown spirits with no added flavor as these are easier to work with. If you are the adventurous type you go with a brown spirit like brandy but be careful to ensure that the flavors of the other ingredients you use do not clash with that of the spirit.
2. Gather your flavor ingredients
Here you are allowed to let your imagination run wild to come up with unique flavors. You can make use of literally anything edible under the sun though you should let your taste buds guide you when choosing the flavoring ingredients. This will ensure that you end up with a drink that you can enjoy whether you want a fruity drink or are more of a spices person.
If you have no idea where flavoring ingredients are concerned you can get inspiration from the net and try. The following combinations offer a rough guide but these are not cast on stone and you are allowed to play with other ingredients as well to suit your taste.
- For spices vanilla, ginger, cardamom and nutmeg work great
- Rosemary, mint, basil and thyme are great spices to make flowered liquor
- There are numerous great options when it comes to fruits. Berries such as strawberries, cranberries and blueberries and citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruit, lime and lemon are known for their deep flavors. You can however go with any fruit that you like.
- There are not as many vegetables that make amazing flavored liquor but chilies and Celery work great.
3. Mixing and Infusing your drink
After you have all ingredients at hand you now mix them up to make your flavored liquor. You will definitely have to wash and chop your fruits and vegetables to a desirable size. You can then dump them in to the liquor bottle though it is more convenient to use a large jar that will make it easy for you to put in your ingredients, shake to infuse flavors and sample your drink whenever necessary.
Once you have put in your ingredients into the bottle with liquor, you should seal the bottle and put it in the fridge.
There are no rules as to the duration your drink should stay in the fridge and you can leave it for just a few days or even months until you get the taste that you are looking for. You should however make a point of shaking the liquor bottle well at least once in a day to mix up the flavors. You are allowed to sample your drink after every few days and keep it in the fridge until your desired flavor is attained.
After your drink is ready you should then sieve it and get rid of your flavor ingredients. Again how long you keep your drink depends on you though a duration of one year is mostly considered ideal. Flavored liquor made using spices will last longer and can go over the one year mark without any change in flavor. Fruit flavored liquor on the other hand may need to be consumed several months after its made especially because any fruit bits left in the liquor will oxidize and change taste and color over time.
Keep your flavored liquor in a sealed bottle and in a cool dry place. You can add your liquor into your cocktail or serve it with some club soda. You can also add some sugar for extra sweetness.
My mother used to make flavored liquor at harvest time in fall and then serve it over vanilla ice cream for us at Christmas time. Yum!
List Of Liquor Names Sorted by Flavor
Here is a list of liquor types available for purchase. It is sorted by main ingredient. So if you like Almond, you can scroll down to Almond and see what types use that ingredient for flavoring.
- Agave, Mezcal Tequila
- Apple, Applejack Calvados
- Barley, Irish whiskey Japanese whisky Scotch whisky Cashew
- Apple, Fenny . Coconut, Arrack .
- Grape, Armagnac Brandy Cognac Pisco Maize, Bourbon whiskey
- Corn whiskey Tennessee whiskey Plum, Slivovitz Tuica .
- Pomace, Grappa Marc Orujo Tsikoudia Tsipouro Zivania
- Rice, Awamori Rice baijiu Soju Rye, Rye whiskey Sorghum, Baijiu (Kaoliang)
- Sugarcane/molasses, Aguardiente Cachaça Clairin Guaro Rum Seco Herrerano Tharra Various
- cereals and potato, Baijiu Canadian whisky Shochu Snaps Vodka Whisky
- Various/other fruit, Eau-de-vie Kirschwasser Palinka Rakia Schnaps
Infused distilled beverages
- Almond, Amaretto Creme de Noyaux
- Anise, Absinthe Arak Ouzo Raki Pastis Sambuca Chocolate, Crème de cacao Liqueur Fogg Sabra
- Cinnamon, Tentura
- Coconut, Malibu
- Egg, Advocaat
- Herbs, Aquavit Bénédictine Brennivín Crème de menthe Metaxa
- Honey, Bärenjäger Drambuie Krupnik
- Juniper, Gin Jenever
- Orange, Campari Curaçao
- Triple sec
- Star anise, Sassolino
- Sugarcane/molasses, Charanda
- Various/other fruit, Crème de banane Crème de cassis Limoncello Schnapps Sloe gin
How To Make Flavored Liquor
More by this Author
Tips on what snapchat bestfriends is and what the emojis mean, how to hide and change snapchat bestfriends