Little of Everything Stir Fry
Tricking the Tongue.
Some folks like to cook with one or two flavors in mind. They want the tongue to savor a specific flavor sensation, indulge it, relish it. Maybe they want to make curry chicken, or lemon pepper fish. This is fine. It's a great way to appreciate one food flavor. I don't generally like to cook this way.. I find it boring. I like to trick and surprise the tongue. What is it in the recipe that's creating the flavor I'm enjoying? What might I find next? Will the next bite be sweet or spicy, bitter or indescribably flavorful?
This likely goes against every rule in culinary school. I wouldn't know. I didn't go to culinary school. I learned to cook by using my gut and experimentation. This recipe was once an experiment.
This recipe combines many Asian flavors into one dish. It's fairly simple to cook and so full of flavor. it's also very adaptable. You can easily substitute one ingredient for another. it's also best if prepared in a wok.
- 1/5-1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/5-1/4 cup coconut oil
- tablespoon organic rice vinegar
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 5-6 slices thinly cut organic roast beef
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- House of Tsan Bangkok padang peanut sauce
- Red Curry Thai Sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 table spoon Lawry's seasoning salt
- dash black pepper
- sweet and sour sauce
- 1 red and 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 15-20 small white mushrooms, whole
- 1 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 crown brocolli
- 1 small can water chestnuts
- 1 small can baby corn
- 10-20 snap peas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package yaki soba stir fry noodles
- 1-2 cups organic brown rice
- teaspoon thyme
- Rooster Sauce, optional
- 1 handsome chef, clothing optional
- prepare all vegetables, put them in bowl, mix well, cover in foil, chill in fridge for 1-2 hours
- open and drain tofu. then, cube it until you have thin rectangles (see picture).
- place tofu in Tupperware bowl with lid of ziploc bag and add ginger powder, Lawry's Seasoning Salt and Curry. Shake vigorously until seasoning is evenly coated.
- chill tofu for 1-2 hours.
- thinly chop roast beef, mix in bowl with teriyaki and a little pepper. Chill in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Slowly heat wok with peanut oil. Once the wok begins to heat up, add cocount oil and rice vinegar.
My Poetry Collection
A FREELANCE WRITER, HONORS STUDENT AND GOVER PRIZE FINALIST, JUSTIN W. PRICE (AKA, PDXKARAOKEGUY)IS A POET, SHORT STORY, BIOGRAPHY AND HUMOR WRITER. HIS POETRY COLLECTION,DIGGING TO CHINA, WAS RELEASED FEBRUARY 2ND, 2013 BY SWEATSHOPPE PUBLICATIONS AND IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM, BARNES AND NOBLE AND THROUGH YOUR LOCAL BOOKSELLER.
HIS WORK IS ALSO FEATURED INBEST NEW FICTION (2014 EDITION), AND HAS APPEARED PREVIOUSLY INTHE RUSTY NAIL, EFICTION, THE CRISIS CHRONICLES, THE HELLROARING REVIEW, BURNINGWORD, SEE SPOT RUN AND THE BELLWETHER REVIEW. HE PREVIOUSLY SERVED AS MANAGING EDITOR OFEPOETRY MAGAZINEAND THE BRIDGEONLINE NEWSPAPER.
HE WORKS IN A MEAT AND SEAFOOD DEPARTMENT FOR A HEALTH FOOD GROCERY STORE. HE ALSO WORKS AS FREELANCE WRITER, EDITOR, AND GHOST WRITER, AND IS WORKING TOWARDS HIS PH.D. HE LIVES IN A SUBURB OF PORTLAND, OREGON WITH HIS WIFE, ANDREA, THEIR LABRADOODLE, BELLA, AND A NAMED SHPOO, SAUVEE.
PLEASE VISIT HISPROFILE FOR MORE INFORMATION. THANKS!
This was originally published on Hubpages under the name "PDXKARAOKEGUY" on the above date. He owns the copyright. If you are viewing this elsewhere, then you are reading stolen content. Please notify the author and the thief immediately and vacate the page.
More of my Recipe/Food Hubs
- Tips to Healthier Eating, Tastier Cooking, and a Hap...
Eating healthier and smarter doesn't mean sacrificing taste.
- Orange Mint Salmon
a simple and healthy baked salmon recipe.
- Impress Your Loved Ones with a Seafood Dinner
An article about making an impressive seafood meal (includes a soup)
- Gringo Tacos (for the enjoyment of Epigramman and ot...
A recipe for yummy, American style tacos.
- Easy Rotini Pasta Salad
a recipe for a super yummy pasta salad.
More by this Author
A look at the Alfred Hitchcock thriller, Shadow of a Doubt, told shown through drawings and text. The primary focus is on Uncle Charlie, the villain of the film.
A look at and analysis of Jamaica Kincaid's short story, "Girl"
Karaoke is a fun and entertaining past time... but it starts with having a good host. These three tips should help you as both a karaoker and a Karaoke host (KJ)