Live Food Raw Chocolate Coated Truffles
- 1/2 C. Raw cacao powder
- 2/3 C. Raw cashews
- 1/4 t. Vanilla bean or vanilla
- 1/2 C. Raw agave and/or maple syrup
- 2 t. Nama shoyu
Easy in food processor!
- Process cashews in food processor with 2-3 tablespoons of good water to make a smooth cashew butter. Add sweetening, nama shoyu, and vanilla. When batter is very smooth, add cacao powder and carefully mix in processor for a few seconds or by hand.
- Refrigerate dough overnight, covered. When hardened roll into small balls. (Coat hands in cold water to do this easily.) Refrigerate again until very cold.
- Roll in raw cacao powder and enjoy!
Live Food Truffles. Not low calorie. Oh, but the taste!
- To coat truffles in chocolate candy, mix 1/3 C. coconut oil, melted, and 1/4 C. raw cacao powder with a T. of maple syrup. When rolled truffles are very cold, dip in chocolate candy sauce with fork, drain on wire rack, then on wax paper in refrigerator.
- For extra flavor, add dried cranberries into the truffles before rerigeration, and on top for decoration.
- Other flavor variations are only limited by your imagination. Finely chopped nuts, other dried fruits, and other flavorings like almond, or even peppermint can be added.
Cacao Boosts Your Energy
More by this Author
This hub is an excerpt From "Tower of Jewels", a work in progress by juliecaroline. The 1915 San Francisco World's Fair shined with brilliance and was described as most beautiful. The Tower of Jewels was...
Raw food cracker making advice from a raw foodie. There are tips and tricks for a perfect cracker, used like a bread or a crust by the raw food culture, and creative toppings for delicious ways to eat them. This...
No comments yet.