Low-Fat Chinese Stir-Fried Lobster Recipe
Succulent, sweet, juicy and meaty morsels of lobster coated with light, savory and spicy sauce. This is an elegant and luxurious, one for special occasions dish. In Chinese, lobster is an auspicious symbol of the dragon or the symbol of emperor (power).
Stir-fried lobster is a typical dish for special occasions such as Chinese New Year, birthday party, wedding, or Chinese multi course banquet dinners.
Unlike stir-fried lobster from Chinese restaurant, this is not a "deep-fried" lobster. Basically, the lobster is boiled and cut into smaller pieces. Then boiled lobster pieces are stir-fried in a light, savory and spicy sauce.
Fixing stir-fried lobster is easy. What you need is fresh live lobster. The cooking process and ingredient are simple and easy to follow. The cooking process is quik and fast, and immediately you will enjoy the most delicious lobster dish.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
2 lbs fresh lobster
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 tsp minced hot chili pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp Chinese rice wine
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
How to Fix
- In a stock pot, put 6 quarts water and bring it to boil over high heat. Then put the lobster into the boiling water. Cover and cook about 3 - 4 minutes or until the water reach boiling points. Then transfer the lobster to a bucket of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain it into a colander.
- Put the lobster on cutting board then separate the legs and claws from the body. Use kitchen towel to wrap the claws and use a mallet to gently crack and break the claw. Cut the tail into 3 or 4 pieces. Separate the body from its hard shell. Then cut the body in half lengthwise. Remove and discard the sand sacs from inner side of head. Cut the body into several pieces. Put lobster pieces in a bowl and drain any excess liquid.
- To make sauce: in a small bowl combine ketchup, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, black pepper, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat a wok over high heat. Then add cooking oil. When hot, add garlic, onion and ginger. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Then pour in sauce and cook for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the lobster pieces, chicken broth and hot chili pepper. Stir-fry rapidly until all the ingredients just combined. Then pour in egg white. Continue to stir-fry for 1 minute. Cover and cook for 2 minutes more. If its little bit dry, add 2 - 3 tbsp water. Then continue to cook for 2 minutes. Last add the rice wine and stir-fry for 15 seconds or until the lobster flesh is opaque. Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with spring onions.
More Chinese Recipes
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to prepare baby bok choy (Shanghai bok choy) with garlic. Extremely tasty and easy.
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
How to stir-fry tomatoes. Easy and healthy dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Easy Chinese Stir-Fried Cabbage With Bacon
- Malaysian Chicken Chow Fun (Sar Hor Fun) Recipe
- Sichuan Dry-Fried Green Beans Recipe
Cooking Tips: How to break a down lobster
More by this Author
How to stir-fry bok choy. A tasty vegetarian dish.
Chinese Stuffed Bitter Melon AVLXY If you grew up eating the bitter melon, you will love this bitter dish. Stuffed bitter melon is common home-cooked dish in many Chinese household. It's made of bitter melon and ground...
Flickr by Endalicious Tender and juicy spareribs coated with savory Chinese black bean sauce. No Sunday brunch or morning dim sum is ever complete without tasty steamed spareribs. Of course Chinese bao, spring rolls,...
No comments yet.