Low-Fat, Dairy Free & Lactose Free, Vegan Spinach Artichoke Heart Dip Recipe
Easy, Delicious & Good For You!
If you're looking for a heart-healthy remake of a spinach artichoke dip, you've come to the right place! Most recipes call for cups of fattening cheese and oil, but this recipe is full of flavor and low on calories and fat. It is also dairy free, for those who are lactose intolerant or are interested in only eating Vegan dishes.
You can't get better than this! Serve with crudites or these homemade whole-grain crackers for a nutritious and delicious snack!
This recipe makes about 3 cups of Low Fat Spinach Artichoke dip.
- 6 ounces of fresh spinach, rinsed and steamed
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked cannelloni beans
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 6 artichoke hearts, minced (You can also use canned artichokes)
- salt and/or pepper to taste
- Steam and drain the spinach.
- Puree the spinach, beans, garlic, scallions, basil and lemon juice in a food processor or blender.
- Transfer pureed mixture to a medium bowl and blend in the minced artichoke hearts. Add more spices, salt and pepper to taste.
You can serve this dip chilled, at room temperature or heated. Serve at your next gathering for a really healthy and delicious dip! It's also great with pita chips or tortilla chips.
More by this Author
Let's face it - when it's hot and humid out, cooking something hot for lunch or dinner can seem totally unappealing. You still need to eat, so here are some great meal ideas for hot weather. No need to microwave or turn...
I am a huge frozen dinner fan. Would I prefer to eat them opposed to normal, freshly cooked meals? No, way. However, they are wonderful if you are in a pinch and there are some pretty healthy options out there. Frozen...
Find out the basics of weight loss.