Low Sodium Adobe Sweet Navy Beans Fry
We make dinner for my grandparents Monday through Friday - in effect, we are the meals on wheels in our family.
Both grandparents require low sodium accommodations. I used an adobe seasoning that had about 300mg of sodium for the 1/2 tsp. used in the dish.
This Navy Bean recipe comes from a "What the heck am I going to do with all these Navy Beans I cooked?" moment. If you have ever cooked a huge batch of dry beans thinking you were going to easily use them, you probably understand this.
This dish serves 5-6 as a main dish and up to 8-10 as a side dish. I recommend serving it with chicken on the side and a green salad.
Is It Any Good?
- 1 Red Pepper, Chopped or Miniced
- 3 Cups Navy Beans, Cooked (best from raw but canned should work)
- 1 Ear of Corn, Cut Off the Cobb
- 1 Celery Stick, Thin Cut
- 5 Mushrooms, Chopped
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Adobe Seasoning, Find a low sodium one
- 1tsp Mrs. Dash
Putting Everything Together!
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray.
- Add red peppers, corn, celery, and mushrooms and cook on medium high for about two minutes.
- Add beans and stir.
- Mix adobe and Mrs. Dash seasonings together in a bowl or in the palm of your hand and then sprinkle evenly throughout the skillet.
- Stir skillet and heat for about another five minutes, stirring often. If you use canned beans, you may need to stir more gently to prevent creating "mashed beans".
- Once cooked to your satisfaction, take skillet off heat, stir in green onions, cover, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
|Serving size: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 13 g||52%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Graphic Designers, Entrepreneurs, and Webmasters will love these limited time only deal websites. Stock images, vectors, premium subscriptions, Photoshop elements, and other Adobe software resources. Do not get left out!
Google Play is not the only Android app store out there! Get in on the fun and freedom of the Amazon Appstore, F-Droid, GetJar, Opera Appstore, Soc.io Mall, 1Mobile Market, and many more. Best Apps!
Magic the Gathering on your Android mobile phone or on your Android tablet. MTG expands in Android Market. Get your Magic the Gathering game on with these apps designed to up your game.
No comments yet.