"Lunch For A Week" Chicken Sandwhiches Recipe
What You Need
- 1 $10 package of chicken breasts from Walmart (usually has something like 7 breasts)
- 1 loaf of Texas Toast
- 1 head of lettuce
- Olive oil
- Sandwich ingredients of choice
- Condiments of choice
Makes 10-14 sandwiches (2 sandwiches per chicken breast)
Step 1: Prepare Your Chicken
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Wash all your chicken breasts and pat them dry with a paper towel.
Cut the fat off each beast.
Set out a large cookie sheet and cover it with a piece of aluminum foil (helps make cleanup easier).
Lay the chicken breasts out on the on the cookie sheet.
Lightly coat each chicken breast in oilve oil.
Step 2: Bake Your Chicken
Put the cookie sheet of chicken breasts in the oven. Allow them to cook for 30 minutes to one hour.
Check them occasionally. When your thickest chicken breast is done, take them out of the oven.
Step 3: Cool and Cut
Give the chicken breasts 20 minutes or so to cool down so you can handle them.
When they're cool enough to handle, cut each chicken breast in half so you have roughly 14 "patties."
Step 4: Eat or Store
Option 1: Serve it now.
- Put each half breast on a slice of Texas Toast
- Add some lettuce to each sandwich
- Top with condiments/toppings of choice
- Finish with a another slice of Texas Toast to complete the sandwhiches
- Serve and enjoy
Option 2: Store.
- You can store all your sliced chicken breasts together and make fresh sandwiches each morning before work
- You can follow option one, but wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and have sandwiches ready to throw in your lunch box each morning.
My Favorite Toppings
Bacon, Lettuce, Ranch
- 3-4 large pieces of lettuce
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- One slice of tomato
- Mayo on both slices of Texas Toast
- 2-3 large piece of lettuce
- 1 chopped jalepeno
- Your favorite barbeque sauce
No comments yet.