Pack A Light Lunch When Traveling
What To Pack When Traveling
1. Baby Carrots
3. Brie Cheese
4. Sunflower seeds
Taking the train home without visiting the snack or dining car meant being prepared. I took a quick walk from the hotel, after making sure a taxi would get me to the Amtrak on time. With no real idea what would compose my lunch menu, I headed straight for the veggies and fruits Perhaps in the back of my mind I said, "Pack healthy, pack light, pack non-perishable."
Searching the aisle for sweet, juicy, purple grapes, I gave one a taste. It did not live up to my expectations, so that was off the list. Instead, I grabbed a plump package of blackberries.
The center island contained all the exotic fruits and nuts. Everyone loves cashews, but they can be rather rich and caloric. I wouldn't be able to eat a whole container or feel comfortable over-doing them. Scanning the shelves, the sunflower seeds caught my eye because they were unsalted and less expensive. Packaged in a round plastic container, rather than a bag meant that they would not spill out over the floor, nor into the backpack or luggage.
Although the standard convenient banana tempted me, most of them were still a bit green. Carrots came in a variety of packages from large to small. They appeared quite fresh and bright orange. I gathered them into my arms and scurried up the lane, as I needed to get back to the taxi soon.
Just one more thing and the meal would be complete. For this, I by-passed the ice-cream, egg and cheese section along the back of the store where I eyed the blocks and slices of cheese. The 'cheese circle' located in the front of the store, next to the salad and soup bar had a well packaged close-top of brie without the rind. All I needed now were the utensils and store check out.
The four items, blackberries, brie, carrots and sunflower seeds did the trick. Many people at the recent conference talked about a gluten free diet and how that helped their gut and general health. Others spoke about eating as much raw foods as possible and we know fresh organic is best.
You can see the blend of these four foods working well together. The crispy crunchy mini carrots spread with a dab of creamy cheese, then dipped like chocolate sprinkles on an ice-cream cone, into the basket of nutty flavored sunflower seeds. A delightful snack, without the bread or crackers. Fulfilling protein and other needs. The sweet blackberries topped off the lunch and the entire experience.
Comments 10 comments
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM is the founder of HomeopathyWorldCommunity. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
More by this Author
Drinking coffee can be as romantic as joining a culture club and spending time with friends or sipping your favorite brew all alone.
A great find in the garden. Morel Mushroom.
A Safe Effective Approach to healing MRSA based upon Hahnemann's Homeopathic Laws of the Similimum and Minimum Dose. Energetic Healing at the quantum level that requires an expert in the arts and science of homeopathy.