Luscious Red Velvet Cupcakes In A Jar
These pretty cupcakes in a jar make a statement when used for gift giving or dinner parties.
Add one to a packed lunch, what a treat. Your kids will love one as a birthday cake in a jar, just top with candles. If you like attach a disposable spoon to the jar for eating.
I chose a red velvet cake it is so pretty in a glass jar, you may use carrot cake, chocolate cake or whatever flavor is your favorite.
- 3 cups cake flour, sfted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, 1 1/2 sticks
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teasoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces canning jars, Takes 1 1/2 cupcakes per jar
- Preheat oven to 350 degreess Fahrenheit.
- Grease and lightly flour three muffin tins or you may use cupcake papers in the tins.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar, cream until fluffy with electric mixer at medium speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after adding each one.
- Whisk together in a small bowl, the cocoa, red food coloring and vanilla.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the batter; beat well. Stir the salt into the buttermilk; add to the batter, alternating with the flour. Beat until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Using a small bowl mix the baking soda and cider vinegar. Step 9: Add vinegar mixture to the batter and mix well, until batter is smooth.
- Place batter into muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degree for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean, do not over bake.
- Let cool for 1 hour, until completely cool.
- Makes 36 cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2-8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Add cream cheese and butter in a large bowl, beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the vanilla; beat well.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, beat until smooth.
- To thicken frosting before using, place frosting in a covered container and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, but no longer.
Assembling Cupcakes In a Jar
- You will need ½ pint canning jars.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, slice them horizontally in half.
- Place one half of cupcake in each jar.
- Place a light layer of the frosting on top of cupcake.
- Place one half of cupcake on the layer of frosting.
- Place a light layer of frosting on top of cupcake.
- Place one half of cupcake on top of frosting.
- Flatten gently, the top part of the cupcake inside the jar.
- Frost the top of the cupcake. You will have 1 ½ cupcake in the jar.
- Cover with lids and package however you like! Include a disposable spoon to eat it with if you like.
Halloween Cupcakes in a Jar
How do you like cupcakes in a jar?
DIY Cupcars in a Jar!
More by this Author
Looking for a scrumptious pound cake recipe, try Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. You will not be disappointed!
Check out these delicious, elegant, and easy recipes. Favorites are red velvet, gooey butter, oatmeal, Italian cream, carrot, and earthquake German chocolate! Peek inside and find one you like!
- 1Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, AKA $250 Cookies: The Best Cookie You Will Ever Eat
Mrs. Field’s, a.k.a. $250 Cookies, are loaded with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, pecans and oat flour you make in the blender. A recipe you will make many times, scrumptious, make lovely gifts!