Make Espresso with a Moka Pot
You don't need a fancy machine to make espresso, especially if it's not something you brew up on a regular basis. A fine shot of espresso can be made with a little stove-top pot, called a moka pot. These little pots are inexpensive and easy to use. If you want to give it a try, here is how to make a quick espresso in a moka pot.
The pot has 3 main parts all screw together in the middle. There is the bottom chamber, the top chamber, and the funnel in the middle that holds the ground coffee. They work like this:
- Unscrew the pot, and partially fill the bottom chamber with water. Don't fill up to the top. There is a little hole or valve for steam release. Don't fill past that point.
- Fill the little funnel cup part with ground coffee.
- Put the filled funnel piece back into the neck of the bottom part.
- Screw the top chamber part on top.
- Place the moka pot over heat. Right on the stove burner works just fine.
- When the water boils in the bottom part, it will be pushed up through the grounds. The top chamber will fill up with freshly brewed espresso.
- Pour from the top chamber into a small cup, and enjoy.
And rather than post a bunch of photos to show each step, I have a little video showing the process.
Interested? Buy a Moka Pot!
More by this Author
Puzzle-lovers are always looking for a new and different sort of puzzling challenge. Once you've mastered the basics of doing jigsaw puzzles, it can be hard to find something challenging. Here are a few puzzle types...
This article is about how to go about getting your Canadian Possession and Acquisition license (also known as a PAL), which is required for purchasing and owning any guns and firearms in Canada. Before applying for a...
Nothing brightens and softens up a room like a thriving green plant. While some people have a natural knack for keeping plants alive, it's not always that easy for everyone else. One of the biggest problems with indoor...