How To Make Kale Chips?
This particular veggie recipe we are talking about may be an unfamiliar one to some people. For some people, eating vegetables is something they do not do. But then, it is important that we include veggies in out meal patterns whether we are familiar to them or not, because it is needed by our bodies. The daily nutritional requirements required by our body to keep up with our daily energy expenditure are definitely completed through adding vegetables in our dietary pattern. It is fact that vegetables participate in giving us optimum general health.
What is Kale?
This vegetable we are talking about is Kale. It is a form of hard cabbage that comes with smutty curly leaves and hard stem. It is not like the usual cabbage because it does not have a head. The color is also different since it is darker than the regular cabbage. Kale is known for having coarse and hard texture. Kale, according to online sources is a good source of calcium, Vitamins C, K, A, and fiber.
Since it is hard, it is usually cooked for a longer time than other veggies. A particular recipe Braised Kale is known to require longer cooking minutes. The tough texture allows Kale to not be wilted that easily, which makes Kale a good baking ingredient. Kale chips is done by allowing Kale leaves to be baked until the crispy texture is achieved. It can be as close to the recipe Crispy Spinach if you are not familiar with Kale chips. Only, this recipe can have lesser batter and oil. This makes Kale chips a better and healthier choice. If you are fond of Crispy Spinach with Asian Dressing Sauce, you can try Kale Chips as a healthier alternative.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to make Kale Chips.
Ingredients for Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of Kale leaves, preferably organic
- 1 & ½ tbsp of Olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
How to Make Kale Chips Procedure
- First off, Wash thoroughly and rinse the Kale leaves.
- Cut off the tough stems or tear the leaves off the stem.
- Then, Cut them into 3-inch wide slices.
- Place them in a Ziplock bag.
- Add salt, black pepper, apple cider vinegar and garlic powder inside the Ziplock bag then seal.
- Thoroughly shake bag until all ingredients are combined and the spices are evenly distributed to the Kale leaves.
- You can taste the preparation and see if it fits your taste. You can play with the flavour by adding more spices to the Ziplock bag.
- Place Ziplock bag inside refrigerator and chill overnight. Do not freeze.
- After the Kale leaves are marinated, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a single layer in a baking sheet, and then arrange the Kale leaves.
- Bake the Kale leaves for 20-25 minutes, or until they are crispy.
- Remove from oven and plate in.
- Serve with dip or sauce. Enjoy!
Healthy Junk Food - Kale Chips
More Kale Chips Recipes
More Hubs by Florida Guy
More by this Author
Original Road Mice products are the licensed Optical Wireless Computer Mice that are featured with very uniquely designed replicas of automobiles. Learn more about these cool gadgets!
re you aware that taking in lukewarm water is better for our body and can produce healthier benefits? Indeed, different scientific institutions are trying to prove this statement. But before talking about that matter,...