Make Some Bittersweet Brownies for your Troops | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a delicious recipe from “The Cupboard Drawer” for a troop favorite, (Brownies) but with a more adult sort of sweetness. Right behind Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownies of all sorts are greatly appreciated on the battlefield and this variation is a personal favorite of mine. Plus they travel well if you ship them in ziplock bags or disposable Tupperware. For a little sweeter variation you can add ¼ Cup of M&M’s to the mix or Jelly Bellies for a Fruitier touch.
¾ Cup All purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
4 ox melted unsweetened Chocolate
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 Cup Real Mayonnaise
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Chopped nuts
- Prepare a greased (PAM works well) baking pan ( 8 X 8 X 2 in )
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder mix well and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate, sugar, mayonnaise, eggs, vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the flour mixture and nuts stir until well blended; turn into the baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake in a Pre heated 350 deg oven for 25-30 min or until they pass a tooth pick test.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 2 in squares and serve, or pack for shipping.
Yield 16 Brownies
Zena, my Warrior Princess used to send regular shipments of cookies while I was deployed, and sent Brownies on Special Occasions like Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas etc.. each batch was special cause I could always taste the Love, make sure you include yours and enjoy. God Bless
More by this Author
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...