How to make chocolate fudge from scratch
Easy homemade fudge
As a confection, chocolate fudge is a relative newcomer, dating back to the 19th century. Making it is fairly simple, but watch out you don't tinker too much with the ingredients or the cooking, lest you burn the sugar or make it too greasy or dough-like. Here then is a recipe I have been using for many years to make chocolate fudge from scratch to satisfy the chocoholic and sweet-toothed among your family and friends.
- 1/4 cup Milk or cream
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 pound Butter
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Icing sugar
Preparation instructions for chocolate fudge
- Combine milk, cocoa, sugar, and butter in a saucepan. Place on the stove over medium heat stirring the ingredients until they blend together.
- Continue to stir ingredients until they just start to bubble (but not boil; boiling will burn the sugar in the mixture). Be sure that the mixture is smooth and not lumpy.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and place on a cool flat surface that won't burn or melt.
- Mix in the icing sugar. Ideally, it is a good idea to sift the icing sugar so as not to have any lumps in the mixture. The mixture will thicken. if you want your fudge to be thicker or sweeter, then continue to add icing sugar. At this point you can also add nuts if that's you're preference. I usually make the fudge without nuts.
- Take some butter or margarine and lightly grease an aluminum or glass pan. Empty the contents of the thickened fudge mixture into the pan and distribute evenly.
- Place the contents in the fridge, allowing ingredients to cool, and the fudge to solidfy
more great desserts
- Homemade almond biscotti
here's nothing better than a crisp and crunchy homemadealmond biscotti with a cup of coffee.The good news is that you don't need a lot of ingredients and the steps are simple. On the other hand, you'll have to be patient for the final result, since y
- How to make soft caramel fudge from scratch
Caramel was first born when 17th century settlers started cooking sugar with water to create hard candies. Once people started mixing in sugar, milk and butter, it then evolved into a chewy, tasty confection. With a few adjustments to these core ingr
More by this Author
If you are seeing dead people in your dreams, know that it is a common experience. By dead, I mean someone who has passed away (not someone who is currently alive that you dream is dead ). By dreaming of someone who has...
here's nothing better than a crisp and crunchy homemadealmond biscotti with a cup of coffee.The good news is that you don't need a lot of ingredients and the steps are simple. On the other hand, you'll have to be...
Most business memos are informational, and chances are if you are writing one, you will be writing an instructional memo. Here are some pointers for writing this kind of memo.