Homemade Granola Made Simple
Love to Snack? Snack Healthier With This Recipe!
Your heart is such an important part of your body. If it's not healthy, your body is really not healthy. So, you need to do what you can to keep your heart healthy. Did you know that you can improve your heart's health simply by adding some heart healthy foods into your diet? This recipe has a combination of several of those heart healthy foods. And, best of all, it is easy to make and delicious! Even your kids will eat it! Get rid of the bags of greasy chips, try this recipe for Berry Sweet Granola, and improve the health of everyone in your family!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 cups Quaker old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups Arrowhead Mills puffed wheat cereal
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried banana chips
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup almonds
- Pam cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray Pam onto two large baking sheets.
3. Get two large bowls.
4. In the first bowl, combine the flour, rolled oats, puffed wheat, coconut flakes, and flax seed meal. Set this bowl aside.
5. In the second bowl, mix the oil, honey, water, and vanilla with a whisk.
6. Pour the water mixture into the flour mixture and stir together with a spatula until well blended.
7. Divide the granola batter equally onto the two baking sheets.
8. Press the batter down with the spatula.
9. Bake the two sheets for one hour.
10. Take both out of the oven, then use the spatula to flip the granola over.
11. Put the sheets back into the oven and keep baking for another 30-60 minutes until the granola is a deep golden brown color.
12. Remove the sheets from the oven again and allow the granola to cool completely.
13. Break the granola up into small chunks and stir in banana chips, blueberries, cranberries, and almonds.
Storing the Granola Goodness
This recipe makes 10 cups of granola (20 half-cup servings). You can
store it in an air-tight container for up to a month and it will
maintain its freshness. Any longer than that, and it just wouldn't be
as good. I doubt that you'd have to store it that long, though. If
anything, you'll probably have trouble keeping the container full. It's
that good! Enjoy!
This Is a Fantastic Storage Container Set
The OXO 10-Piece POP Container Set has just about every size container you could possibly need, including the 4-quart container you'll need to store your leftover granola. This is a great bridal shower or housewarming present.
More by this Author
It's a well known fact that people who have pets are happier and healthier than people who don't, and elderly people probably need pets more than the rest of us do. Which dog breed is best? Small and medium-sized dogs...
Love sugar but hate the calories? Give Ideal a try! Xylitol (the main ingredient of Ideal) has a number of amazing health benefits.
Society tends to glamorize teen pregnancy, but it should not be a goal for every young woman to achieve. Teen pregnancy hurts everyone involved.