Making the Best Bruschetta
Easy Bruschetta Recipe
Bruschetta is a central Italian appetizer. It is simple and delicious, and in case you are wondering it is pronounced bru-ske-ta.
- loaf of long Italian bread,or a baguette
- 6 roma tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 bulb of garlic cut across the diameter to expose the garlic
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 8 basil leaves sliced into thin slivers
- preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seed and white core. Chop it into a 1/4 in dice and place into a bowl.
- Add the minced garlic, and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. You may add a pinch of sugar if your tomatoes are not very flavorful. Finally drizzle in a couple of tbsp of olive oil. Stir and refrigerate the mixture for atleast a 1/2 hr or up to 24 hrs.
- Now slice the bread 1/2 in thick at an angle to make long decorative slices.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and drizzle each slice with a little olive oil. Toast at 400° until lightly browned and crisp (10-15 min).
- When the bread is done and while it is still warm rub it with the garlic bulb (this step can be omitted for speed but it is the key to great bruschetta).
- Top the bread with the tomato mixture and serve.
More by this Author
Classic shortbread cookies loaded with ground pecans. Few cookies are simpler or more tasty than pecan sandies.