There's nothing like a cool salad on a hot day. And who doesn't love a Mango? Just like the Avocado, the Mango is full of nutrients your body craves and not too sweet tasting, makes this the perfect salad ingredient.
For this salad, all you need is one Mango. It's big enough for two people but if all you want is one large salad for one sitting, this is it.
You can add Turkey bacon, Chicken or Tomatoes or anything else you like to this but I kept it simple and timed it at less than 5 minutes to make, including the slicing and peeling.
It's a meal in itself.
Nutritional Facts for 1 cup of Mango = 1 Mango
- 1 cup Mango
- 4 large leaves Romain Lettuce
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 pinches Sunflower Seeds
- Suit to taste Romano/Parmesan Cheese
- Cut the lettuce into small, thin slices and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to taste, add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Peel skin off Mango and cut into small pieces, then place on top of the lettuce.
- Add your yogurt. If you don't have Greek yogurt, any plain yogurt will do.
- Sprinkle Romano cheese on top. If you don't have Romano, you can use Parmesan or any other kind of cheese you like. Feta is good too.
- Final touch is adding Sunflower seeds and you're done!
More by this Author
How do you get rid of roaches? If you have pets, or small children, here are ten ways to get rid of roaches effectively and naturally.
Konjac Root, a surprising zero carb, high fiber, no starch root that when used in powder form, can be an excellent alternative to flour and corn starch. Is it something you can use in your diet? Find out here.
Love beaded curtains and want to make your own? Here are some fun ways to make your own beaded curtains from things you may have laying around the house. You won't believe what some of these things are.