I'll start you off with a classic Manhattan, and leave you with a few variations to the traditional recipe so you can fine tune the cocktail to your liking.
- 1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
- 2 oz. rye whiskey
- a dash of Angostura bitters
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- ice cubes
- Put the sweet vermouth, rye whiskey, and Angostura bitters into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass, garnish the drink with a maraschino cherry, and enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 cocktail|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Variations to The Manhattan Recipe
As with most cocktails, there are many variations to the Classic Manhattan recipe. When making your own Manhattan you may want to tweak the recipe a bit to better suit your personal taste. For instance, if you prefer a sweeter Manhattan you may wish to add a little juice from the cherry jar. If you like your Manhattan "on the rocks", you would serve it in a low-ball glass (old-fashioned glass) with ice. Bartenders will often tweak a Manhattan recipe a bit as well. They are often creative types, and switching things up a little will allow them to put a signature touch on the drinks they serve. Here is a list of some of the most popular Manhattan variations:
- Brandy Manhattan- replace rye whiskey with brandy
- Southern Comfort Manhattan- replace rye whiskey with Southern Comfort
- Rob Roy- made with scotch instead of rye whiskey
- Dry Manhattan- made with dry vermouth instead of sweet vermouth
- Perfect Manhattan- made with a splash of sweet vermouth and a splash of dry vermouth
- Latin Manhattan- made with white rum instead of rye and a splash of maraschino cherry juice.
- Cuban Manhattan- made with dark rum instead of rye
More by this Author
Wanna grow huge sunflowers? Well, you've come to the right place. I've been growing giant sunflowers for more than 20 years now, and I've picked up a few tips and tricks along the way. I have grown massive sunflowers...
Jello shots are easy to make and will add a spark to any party! There are many options when it comes to choosing containers to serve your jello shots in. Below you will find some creative ways to serve your jello shots....
These days it's all about going green, and that especially holds true on St. Patty's Day! This year in addition to the green beer, why not make some fun green St. Patty's Day Jello shots. Jello Shots are an inexpensive...
No comments yet.