Easy Maple, Apple & Cheese Chicken Breast Recipe
There are three things that go together perfectly, and end up in my recipes on a regular basis: chicken, cheese and apples. For some reason these ingredients together make for such a nice hearty meal without being overly heavy. I love to cook with applesauce, it makes everything moist and gives it a little punch of flavor.
Maple, Apple & Cheese Chicken Breast Recipe
- (3) Boneless Chicken Breasts, cleaned and rinsed
- (1) apple, 1/2 cut into thin slices and the other 1/2 cut up into 1" chunks
- (6) slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees
- Butterfly the 3 chicken breasts so that there is an even pocket in all three
- Lay the chicken breasts in a 9"x13" baking dish
- lay (2) pieces of cheddar cheese in each pocket of the chicken breasts
- repeat with the sliced apple pieces
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the chicken breasts
- In a separate bowl mix the maple syrup and the applesauce together
- Pour the maple syrups and applesauce evenly over the chicken breasts
- Top each chicken breast with a few apple chunks
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked
Extra: You can choose to leave out the maple syrup and mix the apple sauce with apple butter instead. Then instead of topping the chicken with apple chunks, you can use breadcrumbs with a little olive oil drizzled over the top so it browns nicely. If you don't like cheddar cheese that much, it tastes great with mozzarella as well. Colby Jack and Munster cheese work really well with this recipe as well.
More by this Author
This is a great twist on the traditional lasagna recipe using cottage cheese and Alfredo sauce. Tasty recipe that not only will the family love it, but it is very simple as well.
Creamy baked macaroni and cheese recipe using sharp cheddar and colby jack cheese. A family favorite dish on a chilly winter day.
This article is a step by step process on how to create interactive PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat. These forms are great for saving paper, time management, and regulating the information that is necessary. This is also...