Maple-Mustard Glaze Recipe
Add a burst of flavor to your favorite meat, pork or poultry with this delicious maple-mustard glaze! This wonderful glaze is easy to make, and only takes a few minutes. Just follow the simple directions below.
(Pictured to the right is a Deep Fried Maple-Mustard Glazed Chicken. Click here to view that recipe.)
- a microplane grater
- a small saucepan
- a spoon
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 oz pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coarse-grain brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 Tbsp finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
- Combine all of the ingredients except the pecans and orange peel in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Stir in the pecans and finely shredded orange peel.
|Serving size: 1 Tablespoon|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 11 g||4%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2%|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
This famous (and delicious) custom began more than 100 years ago when lumberjacks from Scandinavia taught the residents of Door County, Wisconsin this unique cooking technique. Over the years it has evolved into a...
When using a turkey fryer it is critical to know how long to cook your bird. The chart below will tell you how much time is needed to safely cook your bird in a turkey fryer. Type of Bird ,Oil Temperature ,Fry Time Per...
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.