Masoor Dal - A veg. Recipe from The Bengali Cuisine
This pink colored pulse is the most common item for Bengalis. Masoor Dal is a must when you are taking a major meal at Bengal. It is very healthy, easy to prepare and easy to digest.
Ingredients ( Serve for 2 -3)
- Masoor dal 1 cup
- Garlic clove (chopped) 2 no
- Cumin seed 1tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Mustard oil 2 tsp
- Red chilli 1 no
- Bay leaf 1 no
- Green chilli 3 no
- Salt to taste
- Wash masoor dal properly.
- Take the washed dal in a pan and add 3 cups of water.
- Cut the green chillies along the length and put it in the pan along with the dal and water ( If you prefer less fire remove the seeds).
- Add turmeric powder.
- Put it on a low flame and cook till the dal become tender. (Don’t put the lead otherwise it might spill over).Masoor dal is cooked very fast and overcooking might destroy its taste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove the pan from the flame.
- Take another pan and put it on the medium flame.
- Add oil and heat till smoke starts coming.
- Lower the flame and immediately add garlic cloves, red chilli, bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Stir for a few seconds and add the cooked dal immediately.
- Cook for another 2 minutes on high flame.
Serve with fine rice along with potato fry or brinjal (Eggplant) fry.
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...