Mindy Jo's Salsa Recipe
This is for a canned version of Salsa, and Salsa Verde' . You can also make it fresh too!
- 7 quarts Tomatoes
- 5 cups onions
- 2 cups green and red peppers
- 1 cup Jalapeno
- 1/2 cup Garlic
- 5 teaspoons give or take Jonny's Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Bring ingredients except tomatoes and cilantro to a Boil uncovered,gently boil about 15 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes & cilantro and bring back up to a gentle simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Ladle hot salsa into hot, sterilized pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 15 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars; cool on racks.
- Variation Green Salsa:Use 15 cups chopped green tomatoes in place of the red tomatoes. Cook tomatoes 15 to 20 minutes after mixture comes to boil, stirring frequently and cook, covered.
More by this Author
are you sad? , I am sad, The teardrop poems ,
Help with veterans benefits, and benefits you might not know about.
influential women in America , tops ten influential women American history , born before 1930, famous women in history presidents wives , Annie Oakley